Clever German chimney tee with cleanout

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I asked because spacebus said he had a seller. It sounds like the product is not available to hearth.com members which makes it more of an industry-level chat.

I asked because spacebus said he had a seller. It sounds like the product is not available to hearth.com members which makes it more of an industry-level chat.
I'm sorry, maybe confused. Are you referring to Jeremias Chimney? It's sold through Lindeman Chimney Supply and New England Chimney Supply. It is not sold at Retail or on the internet.

Yes, thanks for the clarification. I have not seen it on the west coast yet.

Yes, thanks for the clarification. I have not seen it on the west coast yet.
Lindemann sells nationwide I believe so it will start to show up eventually

Most of the premium pipe used to be sold that way.
Yes I fully realize this and have worked with installers for years on the last four homes. Will not do it again as they charge crazy money and honestly few have done great work. Just my experience and even having a custom masonry heater built in one house, the finished product was beautiful the mason not so much….at all.

Unfortunately, there is that. You can put a lousy driver behind the wheel of a Rolls and it's still going to be a rough ride. Always get references for big infrastructure work and contact them.

Jeremias is a professional grade product and sold only through distributors focused on servicing Hearth & Chimney Sweeps/Techs
Really appreciate your participation in this forum, looks like it's paying off, as it should.

You seem like a level headed businessperson. Why on earth would you exclude the substantial diy market, and say something like "a professional grade product," then make everyone pay extra for retailers mark up? You are missing out on lots of sales, by excluding direct sales. Particularly on sites like this one.

If you want an example of an industry player who captures all markets, check out myfireplaceproducts.com, the direct to consumer website for SBI. They also work with hearth and home retailers.

If the product is easy to use, competitively priced, it's a perfect fit for direct sales. Please find some ways to go direct to consumers, as SBI has.

You had me on your future customer list until you told me I have to pay retail markup to get your product. It's 2023, and direct sales will continue to increase. Amazon's is the model that will eat your lunch if you don't catch on to this reality before it's too late.

Really appreciate your participation in this forum, looks like it's paying off, as it should.

You seem like a level headed businessperson. Why on earth would you exclude the substantial diy market, and say something like "a professional grade product," then make everyone pay extra for retailers mark up? You are missing out on lots of sales, by excluding direct sales. Particularly on sites like this one.

If you want an example of an industry player who captures all markets, check out myfireplaceproducts.com, the direct to consumer website for SBI. They also work with hearth and home retailers.

If the product is easy to use, competitively priced, it's a perfect fit for direct sales. Please find some ways to go direct to consumers, as SBI has.

You had me on your future customer list until you told me I have to pay retail markup to get your product. It's 2023, and direct sales will continue to increase. Amazon's is the model that will eat your lunch if you don't catch on to this reality before it's too late.
Have you ever dealt with questions from diy people doing a project for the first time? The reason we stopped dealing with Olympia soon after they started selling retail is because they no longer even had time to take our orders they expanded their customer service dept about 8x and we still had 30+ min waits just to place an order. Generally when a pro line goes retail they loose allot of their pro customers.

In addition you will be paying retail markup if they allow sales to consumers anyway. I know I can still sell ventis pipe cheaper than it can be bought through online retailers even with my markup.

Last edited:
Reactions: showrguy

Amazon (worst thing that ever happened to small business’) does’nt make any money on retail sales..
Don’t be like Amazon !!

Thanks for your comments. What I meant by "professional grade" is specifically that the chimney some competitors sell at Retail - TSS, Menards, Lowes, HD, etc - is generally not 1" insulation, stainless inner & outer. Instead you'll see triple wall with air for some of the insulation and often not SS outer and/or cheaper grades of metal, a bulkier product requiring larger pass thru . On the internet you can find the top of the line product from many of our competitors. That's a choice they make.

Reactions: bholler
Have you ever dealt with questions from diy people doing a project for the first time? The reason we stopped dealing with Olympia soon after they started selling retail is because they no longer even had time to take our orders they expanded their customer service dept about 8x and we still had 30+ min waits just to place an order. Generally when a pro line goes retail they loose allot of their pro customers.

In addition you will be paying retail markup if they allow sales to consumers anyway. I know I can still sell ventis pipe cheaper than it can be bought through online retailers even with my markup.
In the business I worked in, there were two divisions, retail and institutional. They were two distinct businesses, selling the exact product (except on price). The institutional folks were better paid, and worked only with pros. So yes, it's a desirable model, to only work with pros.

As products evolve, like PEX, as an example, and apparently like Jeremiah's flues, markets shift. The product innovation eventually captures most of the pro market, and expands the diy demand, because it's easier to use.

Your perspective comes as a pro, and I don't fault you for wanting better service. But it is totally unnecessary for it to be one or the other. It's just a matter of desire and good business management to have both.

I was thinking, maybe one day you could be my straw buyer for some of Jeremiah's pipe? 😜