Clever German chimney tee with cleanout

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

BKVP

Minister of Fire
Not certain where to share this, but let's start here... very clever clean out T. Side door allows for cleaning horizontal section through wall thimble, elbows etc. Made by German company, in Marietta Georgia...Jeremias. Saw it here in Norfolk VA at NCSG Expo.

Attachments

• 20190418_115554.jpg
    20190418_115554.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 645
What is the brand of chimney that it goes with? Are they starting to sell it in the US?

What is the brand of chimney that it goes with? Are they starting to sell it in the US?
It is Jeremias chimney. Fairly new to the us market their chimney pipe can be cut to lengthy as well. It is definitely an interesting system

Reactions: begreen
It looks very similar to Icc Excel. Neat idea, curious what the cost of this tee would be? The expense of a traditional tee is already outrageous.

It looks very similar to Icc Excel. Neat idea, curious what the cost of this tee would be? The expense of a traditional tee is already outrageous.
It is nothing like excel pipe

The welding is absolutely amazing. They have a full plant producing their product in Georgia. The coating on the ceiling support box is high temp powder coat, interesting texture.

Every single component should superb attention to detail.

How do the joints fasten together? Any other cool features of the product?

Well, the fit and finish resemble it to me.
Yes it is high quality like excel and ventis but the way it is construction and the way it is attached together is nothing like it.

How do the joints fasten together? Any other cool features of the product?
It has a locking band. The coolest thing is that it can be cut to length.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only a locking band? Are there any screws or mechanical stops built into the joint?
Yes, if the ends are flush then I would expect a stainless inner sleeve at the joints.

Only a locking band? Are there any screws or mechanical stops built into the joint?
If I remember correctly you use a screw also. And yes there is a mechanical stop as well. I haven't done an install with it yet but I think we will try it.

Reactions: webby3650
Reactions: Forrest3290
Sounds pretty neat. I’m not sure the door on the tee would be all that useful in most circumstances, unless the price was comparable to a standard Tee.

I watched the videos. I’m not thrilled about the paste and the need to drive the sections together. We most often are working in very tight spaces, it would be difficult to make this work I’m afraid. While it would work great a lot of the time, it might not other times. So it’s just another product to stock. We rarely run into a situation where class A must be cut to fit, if we do, Excel has adjustable sections that work good. They’ve all got their pros and cons. It really seems like a solid product though.

Reactions: AlbergSteve
I watched the videos. I’m not thrilled about the paste and the need to drive the sections together. We most often are working in very tight spaces, it would be difficult to make this work I’m afraid. While it would work great a lot of the time, it might not other times. So it’s just another product to stock. We rarely run into a situation where class A must be cut to fit, if we do, Excel has adjustable sections that work good. They’ve all got their pros and cons. It really seems like a solid product though.
The stuff I messed with at the show didn't need paste or driven together. I agree I wouldn't even consider it if it needed driven together like that.

The stuff I messed with at the show didn't need paste or driven together. I agree I wouldn't even consider it if it needed driven together like that.
Seems as if they expect that to be the case.

The videos linked above are for Jeremias KL Commercial pressure stack not the "Class A" or All Fuel residential chimney. The 103HT Chimney product is a slide fit between system pieces, secured with a locking band, or alternatively with 3 screws if a vent length has been cut. The video which shows a vent length being cut is here

Last edited:
The videos linked above are for Jeremias KL Commercial pressure stack not the "Class A" or All Fuel rediential chimney. The 103HT Chimney product is a slide fit between system pieces, secured with a locking band, or alternatively with 3 screws if a vent length has been cut. The video which shows a vent length being cut is here

Thanks for the clarification. I knew that video didn't look like the stuff I saw in King of Prussia

The videos linked above are for Jeremias KL Commercial pressure stack not the "Class A" or All Fuel rediential chimney. The 103HT Chimney product is a slide fit between system pieces, secured with a locking band, or alternatively with 3 screws if a vent length has been cut. The video which shows a vent length being cut is here

Thanks for the clarification!

The videos linked above are for Jeremias KL Commercial pressure stack not the "Class A" or All Fuel residential chimney. The 103HT Chimney product is a slide fit between system pieces, secured with a locking band, or alternatively with 3 screws if a vent length has been cut. The video which shows a vent length being cut is here

I saw your products at the Chimney Expo. I posted your product here because I felt it was unique. One manufacturer to another, welcome and please stay active on this and other forums. These folks try to help so many others and can use your input.

I will be installing a Tee system on my house here in the next few months. I’d love to try your products out. We currently carry Excel, Dura-vent and Hart&Cooley TLC. They’ve all got their issues, I’d be interested giving something new a shot.