Clever German chimney tee with cleanout

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I definitely like the look of the product and I happen to be looking to install another wood burning appliance around September.

I saw your products at the Chimney Expo. I posted your product here because I felt it was unique. One manufacturer to another, welcome and please stay active on this and other forums. These folks try to help so many others and can use your input.

Thanks for posting about our product. I want to respect the nature of the forum and not commercialize it, but we are new to the US market so for those folks not aware of us, I'll put this out there once.

Jeremias is a German company, 40 years old, founded by a Chimney Sweep, very well established throughout Europe. Run now by the son of that Sweep, the founder and his wife are still actively involved in the company. Coming from that heritage, Jeremias is all about quality, ease of installation and high value.
We came to the US about 5 years ago, acquired a former Selkirk test lab and spent time and money developing listed product for the Commercial side of the business - pressure stack, generator exhausts, large diameter non residential chimney, coffee roasters, pizza ovens and so on.
We set up our manufacturing in Marietta, GA and built a management team with substantial venting industry background including folks from Selkirk, Hart & Cooley, Duravent and Security Chimneys. We developed our first residential product - our 103HT All Fuel or "Class A" type chimney from an existing European product refined for the UL103HT std. Our approach to Residential will be to continue the focus on the very best quality product, ease of installation and we will bring European approaches and products into the line wherever they help to add value.
We offer 103HT chimney in 6" and 8", with appliance adapters that transition from a 5" appliance to our 6" and from a 7" appliance to our 8". We offer the usual accessories such as round ceiling supports and support boxes, thimbles, shielding, flashings and so on. Any painted pieces are finished with a high temp powder coat process.
Our 103HT chimney comes in only 1 flavor - 316L inner flue, 304 outer. This means it's a true all fuel - wood, coal, oil and gas. We use a rigid rock wool insulation and a unique totally open ended design which means we have no heat bridge at all from inner flue to outer. All of our product is seam welded. The product slides together and uses a 2 3/4" locking band. One comes on each part of the system and drops into place easily. Assembled product provides a continuous inner flue, insulation butted against insulation and a continuous outer flue. It quickly builds a strong, straight vertical stack with no fuss. The slide fit vs twist lock means it's super easy to put all your welds and the speed nuts on the locking bands out of sight.
The design and materials allow us to field cut vent lengths to custom length as needed to work with offsets, eaves and through the wall installs. We don't offer an adjustable vent length at all. Cutting the product is easy using a circular grinder and paying attention to "never cut off the female", inner or outer. Remove length from male ends and you still have a male. There is a video on YouTube under JeremiasInc to demonstrate the process. If you've cut a length, you secure it with 3 screws through the outer, similar to other brands. Our locking band will still fit on the product and provides a very finished look.
All of the outside pieces - tee support, outer thimble, wall brackets - are SS, as is our hardware. We also offer SS flashings, so you can do the entire system in SS.
As mentioned elsewhere here, we offer the only European style rear clean out tee in the US market which allows you to clean both the vertical run and the tee snout/connector pipe from the ground. It's not meant for every install, we also offer a standard style tee, but the clean out version is great for the cleaning access and for basement installs where you have to put the tee close to the ground and can't access the conventional removable bottom cap.
We believe we have a "better mousetrap". We're priced competitively and provide very high value. We have a solid core offering, we'll add to it and modify the system as you all give us guidance. We'll listen to suggestions and observations. Where we see the opportunity we'll bring other approaches from Europe to the US.
We first came to market with Copperfield but the change in their business took us both in different directions. We now have two strong distribution partners - Lindemann Chimney and New England Chimney Supply - and will work closely with them and you to build this business.
We've shown the product at NCSG, HPBA, Chimney Expo, Sweepfest and some smaller gatherings. We'll show it again at the end of this month at the NYS Guild gathering and any other chance we can find.
I'll keep reading the forum and jump in wherever it makes sense. I hope you give us a look. Thanks for taking the time to read.

Thanks for posting about our product. I want to respect the nature of the forum and not commercialize it, but we are new to the US market so for those folks not aware of us, I'll put this out there once.

Jeremias is a German company, 40 years old, founded by a Chimney Sweep, very well established throughout Europe. Run now by the son of that Sweep, the founder and his wife are still actively involved in the company. Coming from that heritage, Jeremias is all about quality, ease of installation and high value.
We came to the US about 5 years ago, acquired a former Selkirk test lab and spent time and money developing listed product for the Commercial side of the business - pressure stack, generator exhausts, large diameter non residential chimney, coffee roasters, pizza ovens and so on.
We set up our manufacturing in Marietta, GA and built a management team with substantial venting industry background including folks from Selkirk, Hart & Cooley, Duravent and Security Chimneys. We developed our first residential product - our 103HT All Fuel or "Class A" type chimney from an existing European product refined for the UL103HT std. Our approach to Residential will be to continue the focus on the very best quality product, ease of installation and we will bring European approaches and products into the line wherever they help to add value.
We offer 103HT chimney in 6" and 8", with appliance adapters that transition from a 5" appliance to our 6" and from a 7" appliance to our 8". We offer the usual accessories such as round ceiling supports and support boxes, thimbles, shielding, flashings and so on. Any painted pieces are finished with a high temp powder coat process.
Our 103HT chimney comes in only 1 flavor - 316L inner flue, 304 outer. This means it's a true all fuel - wood, coal, oil and gas. We use a rigid rock wool insulation and a unique totally open ended design which means we have no heat bridge at all from inner flue to outer. All of our product is seam welded. The product slides together and uses a 2 3/4" locking band. One comes on each part of the system and drops into place easily. Assembled product provides a continuous inner flue, insulation butted against insulation and a continuous outer flue. It quickly builds a strong, straight vertical stack with no fuss. The slide fit vs twist lock means it's super easy to put all your welds and the speed nuts on the locking bands out of sight.
The design and materials allow us to field cut vent lengths to custom length as needed to work with offsets, eaves and through the wall installs. We don't offer an adjustable vent length at all. Cutting the product is easy using a circular grinder and paying attention to "never cut off the female", inner or outer. Remove length from male ends and you still have a male. There is a video on YouTube under JeremiasInc to demonstrate the process. If you've cut a length, you secure it with 3 screws through the outer, similar to other brands. Our locking band will still fit on the product and provides a very finished look.
All of the outside pieces - tee support, outer thimble, wall brackets - are SS, as is our hardware. We also offer SS flashings, so you can do the entire system in SS.
As mentioned elsewhere here, we offer the only European style rear clean out tee in the US market which allows you to clean both the vertical run and the tee snout/connector pipe from the ground. It's not meant for every install, we also offer a standard style tee, but the clean out version is great for the cleaning access and for basement installs where you have to put the tee close to the ground and can't access the conventional removable bottom cap.
We believe we have a "better mousetrap". We're priced competitively and provide very high value. We have a solid core offering, we'll add to it and modify the system as you all give us guidance. We'll listen to suggestions and observations. Where we see the opportunity we'll bring other approaches from Europe to the US.
We first came to market with Copperfield but the change in their business took us both in different directions. We now have two strong distribution partners - Lindemann Chimney and New England Chimney Supply - and will work closely with them and you to build this business.
We've shown the product at NCSG, HPBA, Chimney Expo, Sweepfest and some smaller gatherings. We'll show it again at the end of this month at the NYS Guild gathering and any other chance we can find.
I'll keep reading the forum and jump in wherever it makes sense. I hope you give us a look. Thanks for taking the time to read.
Do you plan on offering 316 inner and outer for coal? We have found without 316 outer it corrodes pretty quickly.

Sorry, reading your question more carefully, outer will remain 304, which will be fine for Coal. We will develop a 316 cap for that use
I have seen lots of outer walls corrode when used with coal. Most are 430 stainless but some are 304. That is why ventis started making 316 outer for coal.

I am not trying to give you a hard time just trying to point out what i see working here in coal country.

And ventis also offers all of their brackets in stainless. But they are getting harder to deal with since the deal with Copperfield so we may give your chimney a try.

I have seen lots of outer walls corrode when used with coal. Most are 430 stainless but some are 304. That is why ventis started making 316 outer for coal.

I am not trying to give you a hard time just trying to point out what i see working here in coal country.

And ventis also offers all of their brackets in stainless. But they are getting harder to deal with since the deal with Copperfield so we may give your chimney a try.

No problem, give me hard time if you need to, if I don't seem to be listening. I'll look into it more. I had thought 304 would be sufficient for the outer. As I mentioned, we've had some strong interest from some Amish sellers, they were clear in looking for a 316L cap, if we need the same for the outer, we'll sort that out. Don't want to complicate the whole offering with a 430 outer, let alone GALV but another high end option may make sense. Thanks for the comments.

Reactions: bholler
No problem, give me hard time if you need to, if I don't seem to be listening. I'll look into it more. I had thought 304 would be sufficient for the outer. As I mentioned, we've had some strong interest from some Amish sellers, they were clear in looking for a 316L cap, if we need the same for the outer, we'll sort that out. Don't want to complicate the whole offering with a 430 outer, let alone GALV but another high end option may make sense. Thanks for the comments.
304 will last longer than 430 with coal i am sure. But it will eventually pinhole letting water get into the insulation. And yes a 316 cap is needed. It really should be used even for oil and gas. I saw your product in king of prussia and i was impressed. We will definatly be trying it sometime soon.

My seller for the Jeremia's chimney products doesn't see the tee with clean out in his product catalog. Is there an updated residential chimney product catalog?

My seller for the Jeremia's chimney products doesn't see the tee with clean out in his product catalog. Is there an updated residential chimney product catalog?

There is an updated catalog being finished for the Fall season. We added the clean out tee, a better cap and screen for Wood and may still add a flashing or two. Here's a rendering of the tee from our CAD system and a couple of pictures.
Who would you buy from, I'll reach out to them?

Attachments

• rear clean out tee.jpg
    rear clean out tee.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_3283.JPG
    IMG_3283.JPG
    122.9 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_3284.JPG
    IMG_3284.JPG
    123.6 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_3287.JPG
    IMG_3287.JPG
    118.9 KB · Views: 240
304 will last longer than 430 with coal i am sure. But it will eventually pinhole letting water get into the insulation. And yes a 316 cap is needed. It really should be used even for oil and gas. I saw your product in king of prussia and i was impressed. We will definatly be trying it sometime soon.
I'm wondering if 316L for the cap and a couple of vent lengths closest to the cap would take care of this? If we made just caps and 4' vent lengths 316L/316L that would be much easier to address.

I'm wondering if 316L for the cap and a couple of vent lengths closest to the cap would take care of this? If we made just caps and 4' vent lengths 316L/316L that would be much easier to address.
That should work fine from what I have seen. Thanks for listening to my input.

There is an updated catalog being finished for the Fall season. We added the clean out tee, a better cap and screen for Wood and may still add a flashing or two. Here's a rendering of the tee from our CAD system and a couple of pictures.
Who would you buy from, I'll reach out to them?

I sent you the details in a private message.

Hi MPW Jeremias HT,

Are the 316L cap and 316L 4ft lengths coming to market in the near future?

I would love to use your product for 3 complete chimneys systems, but I will be burning a decent amount of anthracite and do not want to worry about pitting on the stack.

I give full credit to bholler for calling this one just so right, 316L SS really is not a choice, but a must. The local amish community in my area confirmed this over and over again. One guy in particular is a dealer and installer of Keystoker products, he currently uses Selkirk Ultimate 1 chimney (which is limited to a 6in diameter for 316L inner) and says the point of failure he sees on the chimneys venting anthracite coal exhaust is the leeward side of the stack (which is 304 SS on the Ultimate 1). Apparently, it will pit into swiss cheese within 4-6 years pending use and whats gets burned most of the time.

Thanks

Hi MPW Jeremias HT,

Are the 316L cap and 316L 4ft lengths coming to market in the near future?

I would love to use your product for 3 complete chimneys systems, but I will be burning a decent amount of anthracite and do not want to worry about pitting on the stack.

I give full credit to bholler for calling this one just so right, 316L SS really is not a choice, but a must. The local amish community in my area confirmed this over and over again. One guy in particular is a dealer and installer of Keystoker products, he currently uses Selkirk Ultimate 1 chimney (which is limited to a 6in diameter for 316L inner) and says the point of failure he sees on the chimneys venting anthracite coal exhaust is the leeward side of the stack (which is 304 SS on the Ultimate 1). Apparently, it will pit into swiss cheese within 4-6 years pending use and whats gets burned most of the time.

Thanks
You will get 10 to 15 years out of a 304 outer atleast. 430 will be less. But yes 316 is definitely better. But still a fairly short lifespan for coal. I generally still recommend clay liners for coal

Will Jeremias be at Expo in Louisville, NCG in CT?

You will get 10 to 15 years out of a 304 outer atleast. 430 will be less. But yes 316 is definitely better. But still a fairly short lifespan for coal. I generally still recommend clay liners for coal
That's what I would have thought based on what I know about 304 SS. I figured if it was decently thick say 0.016in, it should last at least 10 years otherwise why bother in the first place; which is why I was quite surprised at Isaac's statement (amish Keystoker dealer) on the lifespan of 304 SS stack. He said the frequent fog and drizzle that constitutes the majority of our fall, early winter and early spring weather up here combined with the exhaust effluent that attaches to the leeward side of the stack are the combined causes of the premature failure he sees.

I do not see a sensible way to build a clay liner for this application given its surroundings, otherwise that would have been my first choice.

Reactions: bholler
We won't be exhibitors at Louisville but will have booth space at NCSG in CT
We have switched over to using your chimneys exclusively now and really like your product. There are a few things about the brackets etc that make it slightly harder to work with than some other pipe. But the finished product looks so much cleaner I think it's well worth it

Glad to hear that you are fully onboard. Glenn recently asked if we have a homeowners brochure. We don't but are working one up now. Within 2 weeks. Will send some when they're ready.
Great thankyou

We have switched over to using your chimneys exclusively now and really like your product. There are a few things about the brackets etc that make it slightly harder to work with than some other pipe. But the finished product looks so much cleaner I think it's well wort

That's what I would have thought based on what I know about 304 SS. I figured if it was decently thick say 0.016in, it should last at least 10 years otherwise why bother in the first place; which is why I was quite surprised at Isaac's statement (amish Keystoker dealer) on the lifespan of 304 SS stack. He said the frequent fog and drizzle that constitutes the majority of our fall, early winter and early spring weather up here combined with the exhaust effluent that attaches to the leeward side of the stack are the combined causes of the premature failure he sees.

I do not see a sensible way to build a clay liner for this application given its surroundings, otherwise that would have been my first choice.
A couple things to consider in relation to use with Coal. To meet the UL std for HT you must use a minimum of .016 wall thickness, inner & outer. Since that's a minimum, that's what most MFGs use, except for those who use a lower grade of stainless and use more of it. Jeremias uses the highest grades possible and 304/316L. Beyond that, our flues, inner and outer are .020". So as commented elsewhere even the 304 should last a very long time. On the otherhand, if you want 316L/316L, we will make that as a special order. It will take a little extra time for you in that your distributor will not stock it. And it will cost more. Contact me if youre interested in this and we'll sort it out offline.

Are there or will there be retail suppliers of Jerimia's products?