2024 Garden Thread!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
The garden is in full swing now. I pulled the peas a couple of weeks ago and now have a sashimi cuke and a couple of tomatoes in that bed. Broccoli is done. Yesterday I harvested about 10 pounds of carrots. There are 4 rows, succession planted in that bed. Green beans are starting to come in. We're just starting to get some early tomatoes and peppers. Potatoes and the first batch of onions (ringmaster) are getting ready to pick. Eggplants, corn, and peppers will be ready in a week. I am starting a couple of rows of beets for fall picking and some January King style cabbage. At the end of the month I will plant another batch of peas. The 4th batch of lettuce is ready to go into the ground. There are several squash plants and a few zucchinis rounding out the lot. Blueberries are coming out of our ears. We're going to make blueberry syrup with some.

2024 Garden Thread!2024 Garden Thread!2024 Garden Thread!2024 Garden Thread! 2024 Garden Thread! 2024 Garden Thread! 2024 Garden Thread! 2024 Garden Thread! 2024 Garden Thread!