2024 ford ranger vs toyota tacoma ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

patrickk222

Feeling the Heat
Mar 28, 2021
alderson wv
Hey guys been thinkin of gettin a truck and kinda been leaning towards either 1 a 2024 ford ranger or 2 a 2024 toyota tacoma .... which 1 do ya'll like ? Which do u think is more reliable ( for needing less repairs and what not )?

You'll most likely get a lot of replies asking why you aren't considering an EV or that you should get an EV on this site. lol

I don't have any experience with either truck but I have friends who have Tacomas and love them. The Ranger is a good looking truck too.

Good luck with your search!

Reactions: patrickk222
We had 4 2020 Tacomas. Great trucks and we drove them hard, made money with them, and sold them for as much as we bought them for. I’m not sure what the Ranger resale value is, but the Tacomas were great. They were not especially fuel efficient though. We now drive full size trucks and get the same mpg.

Are the new Tacos all hybrid? Not that that is a bad thing but it might be a new design. I don’t buy the first year of any new mechanical design.

Answered my own question. Only the iForce MAX is the hybrid. Tacoma unless dealer was a lot further away than the ford dealership.

Pretty sure this model year is the start of a new gen for the Tacos, something to consider. I don't know much about the Ranger. I drive a 2017 SR5 Taco and I absolutely love it.

Did watch this one but I respect his knowledge

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I drove a 21 ranger for a month as a rental. My nephew has a 2023 tacoma that I have drove a few times along with my sisters having a 2018 4 runner. I am 6'4" and I personally would not own either of them just based on ergonomics. I just don't sit comfortably in either of them. But thats a personal issue.
Based off of reliability and build quality, I don't think there are many trucks that outlast a tacoma but hard to tell on a newer one. I believe that tacomas are still made to be a truck and the new rangers are not of the same quality as they used to be. if we were talking older rangers/explorers I'd recommend them all day with the Ford 4.0.

Hi guys thanks for the takin time to get back to me ...mu thoughts were once i get my place payed early then i grab 1 or the other and from what i've kinda seen , heard, n read was that tacoma's are really great trucks and i know rangers were too but i didnt know if they were still good as they usef 2 be

Lol, now go back and think what ads you saw Monday night...

• Haha