2023 Severe Weather

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile, the wildfire season has started early in Alberta. It's a big fire. @ABMax24 hope this is not in your area.

Yesterday afternoon a lot of haze moved in. Found out is from the wildfires in western Canada. Got a fantastic sunset out of it though.

Nothing severe but cooler, I can see a few fires happening.
2023 Severe Weather

Been a very cool spring here. Delightful, actually, and the way you'd think things should (or maybe once were) always be. 50F/70F has been our normal low/high, the last two weeks, which is a real treat.

More often than not, we seem to go straight from the ice box to the furnace. While this year isn't singularly unique, I'm enjoying this less common slow ramp into summer.

Been a very cool spring here. Delightful, actually, and the way you'd think things should (or maybe once were) always be. 50F/70F has been our normal low/high, the last two weeks, which is a real treat.

More often than not, we seem to go straight from the ice box to the furnace. While this year isn't singularly unique, I'm enjoying this less common slow ramp into summer.
Our temps have been the same, we go from winter to summer without a spring except this year. Early on when we hit 80 it seemed like we wouldn't have a spring but mother nature took care of that.

Lol. There no winning trying to light fires now!
Tuesday and Wednesday we have lows of 32 and Wednesday 41 with the rest in the low 50's.

The pine takes off but the ash will take longer with these temps, I'll run a pine fire early tonight with a load of ash later tonight.

2023 Severe Weather

Just some thunderstorms up in our area.

2023 Severe Weather

2023 Severe Weather

2023 Severe Weather

2023 Severe Weather

More than 6 inches of rain possible from Pennsylvania to Maine​

High amounts of moisture available in the atmosphere will make this upcoming weather system a very efficient producer of torrential downpours, AccuWeather meteorologists say.

"Rainfall rates could reach 2 inches per hour in some locations as the system slowly moves," AccuWeather Senior Meteorologist Adam Douty said. "Infrastructure in the metro areas may not be able to handle rainfall of this magnitude, and as a result, rising water could quickly inundate some locations."

"Widespread rainfall totals of 2-4 inches are forecast across the Northeast with an AccuWeather Local StormMax™ of 10 inches," DaSilva said.

The historical average rainfall for the entire month of July is generally between 3 to 4.50 inches for the major cities across the Northeast. During this event, some locations could pick up that entire amount or even double, and it may fall within the span of hours.

That's a chit load of rain, everything missed us yesterday so we'll see what we get from this. All the above is from AccuWeather.

It has been raining pretty good here for what seems about 20 minutes, the forecast is for just under half an inch of rain.

My old stomping grounds in the Berkshires have gotten over 7" of rain so far. Part of Rte. 7 in New Milford is closed due to the Housatonic overflowing. Norfolk, CT has been declared a disaster area. Stay safe out there folks. Mudslides happen suddenly.

I’ve been hearing reports of VT getting washouts and flooding too!

They are comparing this to the devastation caused by Irene years ago in VT. They got hammered.

Yes. The news shows lots of flooding in VT in several areas. Some reservoirs are well over capacity.

The grass is growing stupid fast, lol.
Same here, except we have no dandelion in this yard. Been mowing every 3rd day recently, which would be above average even for May, let alone July.

AccuWeather has us getting another inch plus of rain tomorrow with some possible nasty weather,

Cloudy, a couple of showers and t-storms; storms can bring flooding downpours, hail, damaging wind gusts, and an isolated tornado

The text above this is from Accu for our area.

I’m up in the mountains tonight. Directly overhead I have stars. To the North it’s overcast. I’m hoping it’ll clear and I can see the Northern Lights.

Reactions: thewoodlands
Status
Not open for further replies.