Wow...I am still burning, -10 C in the AM!! Are you???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had to do it. Busted up a chiffarobe and warmed the family room. My apple trees are still barely budding.

just checked the outdoor thermometer... it's 11 degrees & dropping right now. Nothing says late-April in Montana like getting a foot of new snow overnight & then having the temps drop down below the teens the next night ;)

VCBurner said:
Wow, 79 degrees outside right now! Definitely no fire here tonight! Almost air conditioner weather :lol:

Turn the A/C down to 55 then light up a nice fire - you can have it all

48 degrees and raining here today. The house isn't going to be comfortable without help from the
wood stove. I burned last night and will burn tomorrow. The farmers around here are saying it's
been the coldest spring ever (they may exaggerate a bit). I do know that no one is planting corn,
and it's getting late in the year for that.

8 degrees celsius and the rain is pounding down big time. stove has been running non stop for the past 24 hrs. and it a perfect 72 in the house. Before this latest deluge today, we have already has twice the norm W@ 124mm this month. Feel sorry for the crop farmers......................................

rottiman said:
8 degrees celsius and the rain is pounding down big time. Feel sorry for the crop farmers......................................

Ya, they may not be able to replace their 2011 fully loaded diesel light truck with a new 2012 this year. :lol:

well, as we speak (read) the snow is once again accumulating. once again, the yard is completely white. once again, all the roofs are white...as well as any vehicle parked outside. 3" since this afternoon (3 hours ago)...thats the stuff you can measure, and not the stuff that melted on impact.

but i did see two swans, on sunday, when 99 lbs and i went to a local pond/dam back in the woods to check for ice...thats good!

north of 60 said:
rottiman said:
8 degrees celsius and the rain is pounding down big time. Feel sorry for the crop farmers......................................

Ya, they may not be able to replace their 2011 fully loaded diesel light truck with a new 2012 this year. :lol:

Don't have to worry about that problem around here. friggin Liberals make sure to keep everybody towing the line.....................farmers in this area just barely makin it when the weather is good.

32 and snow
Still burning....

Sang to the tune of April Showers.
Shovel, Shovel, Shovel to the April Blizzards, Oh my back is begging to ache
Shovel, Shovel, Shovel to the April Blizzards, Oh my back is begging to ache
Shovel
Shovel

rottiman said:
north of 60 said:
rottiman said:

Don't have to worry about that problem around here. friggin Liberals make sure to keep everybody towing the line.....................farmers in this area just barely makin it when the weather is good.

It is now Wed April 27th and the weather report:

Winchester - Newington
7:39 PM EDT Wednesday 27 April 2011
Severe thunderstorm watch for
Winchester - Newington continued

..Scattered strong thunderstorms capable of producing damaging winds, large hail with a risk of a tornado..

This is an alert to the potential development of severe thunderstorms with large hail, damaging winds or heavy rainfall..Monitor weather conditions and listen for updated bulletins.

A line of thunderstorms is racing across Eastern Ontario ahead of a low pressure system over Manitoulin Island. The main concerns are damaging wind gusts to 90 km/h and isolated tornadoes.

Temp is now 19 degrees, was 25 this afternoon. Isn't April weather in the GWN such a treat?

BTW, not to bring attention to your sig., but, McGuinty isn't the idiot, someone has to keep voting him in. ;)

Hmmm . . . today could be the day of no fires . . . warm enough so I didn't light one up this morning and the forecast calls for temps in the high 50s to low 60s.

Fires at night to take the damp chill out. It is a few degrees above freezing and raining here.

Got into the sixties today!!
Though Sat-Sun they are talking about more snow.
If it does happen, warning for the people in the south.
If it is in the 30's here and in the 80's there.
Somewhere in between is going to get hammered.

I keep thinking I'm done everytime it gets in the 60's, thunderstorms, tornadoes, rain, rain, and more rain. The last two nights though, I have started a fire to just get rid of the damp cold. Since my wife has arthritis, she just can't tolerate the damp chill and loves the fire's soothing warmth.

Low 40's tonight and tomorrow night, lit the stove about an hour ago to knock the chill out. Haven't needed a fire in a couple days, was hoping I was done. :lol:

Today was my first day in the last five without snow. More snow for the next couple of days- maybe 2 weeks worth. I expect to be burning until June. Again. But I don't have to worry about flooding,or tornadoes, so I'll quit b*tching about it. Snow that is. My thoughts and prayers go out to those folks who are dealing with that crap.

Yesterday marked the first day since the Fall that I went fire-free for 24 hours . . . and no fire this morning . . . Spring is finally here.

Going down to the upper 30's tonight.
The stove is back up and running.

Me too, just about to toss some kindling into the 13

HotCoals said:
Going down to the upper 30's tonight.
The stove is back up and running.

Mines been going for a few hours.
Cruising on the cat..580 stove top tonight with a 275 stack temp.
This thing just amazes me at times.

Tell me ,can you run your tubes without it getting to hot in your place in this kind of weather?

Looks like the Seattle area is going to set an all time record lowest maximum temps for April this year. Time to turn up the heat. My plants want to get out of the greenhouse.

BeGreen said:
Looks like the Seattle area is going to set an all time record lowest maximum temps for April this year. Time to turn up the heat. My plants want to get out of the greenhouse.

I just fired up the stove a hour ago to get the chill out before we sleep, not as cold as the past couple of nights but i fired it up anyway. beats running the NG furnace

Fuel hit $5.20 a gallon today. I wont be lazy and let the furnace take the chills in the morning. A fire will be lit before bed every night now until we can stay above freezing overnight. Tank is gonna stay full for next seasons -40s.

Status
Not open for further replies.