Wildflowers

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
I told my wife that I saw some wildflowers earlier today in a certain area so I took her over to them, she said they're wild roses.

Wildflowers Wildflowers

They're out now. I saw them when hiking last week.

Reactions: thewoodlands
Nice.
With mentions of wildflowers I always have to think about the jack-in-the-box and other spring wildflowers in the TN forests.
Some quite small, but always worth a look.

Trillium, solomon's seal, lupine, some batchelor buttons, and poppies are now blooming here. I hope to get up into the mountains to catch the bloom up there this year.

Reactions: stoveliker
That's a nice sight. Regrettably, if I don't mow our fields the blackberries, thistles, and scotch broom take over quickly.

Reactions: Prometeo
I'm getting organised, I'm outlining the small ornamental plants, of wood chips, to locate them easily when using the brush cutter, However, I will wait until the flowers have been used by the bees, @begreen how many times in a year do you mow?

I used to keep bees and planted our yards decades ago with flowering bushes and perenials. There's a lot of food here for them.

It depends on the year but I mow the fields around 5 times a year.

Just some wildflowers from my walk with the dog before it gets real hot.

IMG_1091.JPG

IMG_1092.JPG

IMG_1093.JPG

IMG_1096.JPG

IMG_1098.JPG

IMG_1099.JPG

IMG_1100.JPG

I believe the daisy pictures are the Ox-Eye Daisy, from the Daisy Family

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: stoveliker