Wife...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
If the single wall isnt warped or melted then the SS chimney should be OK. A visual inspection is still a good idea but dont expect to see anything out of order except for a very clean chimney. Wow that was cooking!

Seems to me that any one of us could point to a poor decision or surprise when we were early and learning in our burn career. I don’t think it’s the gender in this case, it’s the experience. Extending grace makes for a happier marriage and life in general.

‘Cause man I sure thought I was gonna burn something up a few times myself!!

And it sure was nice of her to try...

That was a pretty load of wood.

If the single wall isnt warped or melted then the SS chimney should be OK. A visual inspection is still a good idea but dont expect to see anything out of order except for a very clean chimney. Wow that was cooking!
That is not nessecarily true

That is not nessecarily true
Was it stated how high from the stove he measured the pipe temp? I have seen temps fall hundreds of degrees in a few inches of rise in the pipe. I will go back and read if he said where he measures. Remember we are talking a hot stove not a chimney fire here.

Was it stated how high from the stove he measured the pipe temp? I have seen temps fall hundreds of degrees in a few inches of rise in the pipe. I will go back and read if he said where he measures. Remember we are talking a hot stove not a chimney fire here.
As far as we know that is what we are talking about. Unsubstantiated assumptions can be dangerous. I agree everything is probably fine but we cant assume anything

I shall refrain.

Not touching this thread with a 10 foot 3 year old oak split.

Shucks Dix . . . I kept expecting you to jump in earlier on this thread. Me . . . I've learned to just kinda shrug and wonder how my wife somehow manages to run the woodstove 3/4 of the time without burning down the house. Insert eye roll here. ;)

Reactions: SpaceBus
Shucks Dix . . . I kept expecting you to jump in earlier on this thread. Me . . . I've learned to just kinda shrug and wonder how my wife somehow manages to run the woodstove 3/4 of the time without burning down the house. Insert eye roll here. ;)

Good Lord, ya'd think I have a reputation around here, or something :p:)

Good Lord, ya'd think I have a reputation around here, or something :p:)
Only for sloppy parking.;lol

ISUnyqE.jpg

Reactions: begreen
I remember one morning I figured I would save myself some time when I got home from work so I laid a fire so I just had to light it.

Came home around 5 to a cold stove and ashes. I guess there were some embers left which I some how missed and the whole thing took off at some point during the day

Reactions: Sawset