Wife lit first fire LOL

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hand a woman a fish dinner, and she'll eat. Teach her how to fish, and she'll eat for the rest of her life. She already knows how to cook, usually ;)

I see the cow - white face on it's side in the middle?

I start at least as many, if not more, fires than DH. I am here and he is not. Splittting is all him though.

Give me 1/2 of one of whatever you guys are on , I DONT SEE A COW

Go easy on her. I hear homemade bows make very good kindling.

wife just said "I never thought of that...I'm gonna go fire the stove up" LOL

Reactions: fishingpol
Exceedingly tough to get BL going with a rolled-up newspaper...especially top-down. ==c

I'm going to ask my wife to start a fire top-down, and hope she peels off her shirt. Heh-heh.

Reactions: ScotO
Get her an estwing fireside friend - 4 pound splitting maul and she won't have to go to the gym any more....best excercise ever I have found.
No way....I like my Wife with fingers, but I was thinking of getting a small electric splitter for the garage so she can split her own little pieces

Give me 1/2 of one of whatever you guys are on , I DONT SEE A COW
City people, ugh.
It's a Hereford cow, resting on her side, head propped on a salt block and waiting to birth a calf. It's..right...there. Wha's a matta fo you?
For B.S., if it had horns, it'd be a bleached skull of a longhorn.

Am I the only one who sees a cow in that picture?

My wife has never been good at starting fires but when we got super cedars she did great. But time seems to dim the memory banks and even though I did not think it possible, she tried to start a fire this fall and even used a super cedar....and it didn't work. Wow! I'm still amazed. Anyway, I dug out the mess she had in the stove and started the fire for her.

Did you use your "magic poker"? ;) :) . . . Hehheh . . . I remember you telling us about that last year.

HehHeh . . . love that picture.

--

Cow . . . nope . . . don't see it. I do see a unicorn riding a motorcycle side car with Elmer Fudd driving and a dragon chasing them.

Am I the only one who sees a cow in that picture?
DAGGUM, Dennis! You've got quite an eye for the little details!

As for the "wad o' paper-on-top-of-a-heap-of-big-splits-to-start-a-fire" method, the dear wifey has also tried that with similar results with junk mail......I think it is a pre-programmed defense that she has in her. I know she can start a fire, but as stated by others, she wanted ME to do it! ;)

Exceedingly tough to get BL going with a rolled-up newspaper...especially top-down. ==c

I'm going to ask my wife to start a fire top-down, and hope she peels off her shirt. Heh-heh.

Giggity!

Reactions: ScotO
Maybe it is because I milked so many of these animals but the cow is the first thing I noticed about the picture. So here it is circled.

[Hearth.com] Wife lit first fire LOL

Reactions: osagebow and ScotO
It's time to put away the bath salts, Dennis.

I have one of these manual splitters, it works really nice. Not as fast as an electric splitter, but it works. I bought mine from Harbor Freight.

http://www.amazon.com/Horizontal-Cutter-Splitter-Manual-Hydraulic/dp/B0045V122A/ref=sr_1_3?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1350744862&sr=1-3&keywords=manual splitter
melissa, almost got it but then went with the fireside friend - unbelivable ab. work out. Hope I don't take any fingers off - got to get a more level end of log to use when splitting to get me out of the habit of trying to balance the piece I am striking. Need hubby to cut me a taller level log.

Reactions: melissa71
melissa, almost got it but then went with the fireside friend - unbelivable ab. work out. Hope I don't take any fingers off - got to get a more level end of log to use when splitting to get me out of the habit of trying to balance the piece I am striking. Need hubby to cut me a taller level log.

I'd love to try one of those! I need to get a decent cutting stump, too.

My wife had many years of experience starting fires with a poorly drafted smoke dragon. We used to use one of those small air mattress blowers and a lot of newspaper to get things going. With the new stove and Super Cedars we often talk about those former times and say.... "it sucked" :-) .. in addition I think my firewood in those days was still too wet.

In the winter we often enter a cabin that is in the mid to upper 30's so rapid heat up is paramount.

We are both much happier on a grand scale with the new stove and SC's.

Super Cedar..Super Cedar...Super Cedar....

Reactions: NWfuel
Status
Not open for further replies.