Who's ready for the 2024-2025 burn season?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Finished covering my stacks for the Fall/winter season. I leave them top covered for the spring and summer months. Will stage some wood later this month. Have some uglies for shoulder season. Collected lots of pinecones from my property which work great getting my cold starts going. Also have a half box of fatwood left.

Not me. Man, I’m not even close. I’m going to have to buy Bio Bricks for this year and stock up for next year. I’ve been so busy working I’ve hardly had time to scrounge and process wood.

I have enough dry wood for about a month and a half of full time burning and about the same amount of wood that is not yet ready to burn.

It’s funny, people walk by my wood piles and are like, “Wow. You’ve got a great wood supply.” I’m like melting down over my pathetic state of things.

Not me. Man, I’m not even close. I’m going to have to buy Bio Bricks for this year and stock up for next year. I’ve been so busy working I’ve hardly had time to scrounge and process wood.

I have enough dry wood for about a month and a half of full time burning and about the same amount of wood that is not yet ready to burn.

It’s funny, people walk by my wood piles and are like, “Wow. You’ve got a great wood supply.” I’m like melting down over my pathetic state of things.
My wood supply is is coming along nicely, but it sure seems lame compared to some of the wood sheds and collections I see on this site!
The spouse goes "oh wow, so much wood" she surely hasn't seen some of the organized folks pics on this forum.
A single cord can be quite an accomplishment. I don't have to go far for trees, but they sure don't lay themselves down beside the wood shed begging for processing! (except for the top that took out our garden)
I guess it's nice knowing the difference, and having models to strive for. I've always cut wood in the fall, next year I'm going to try to do more in spring as well.

• Haha
Reactions: dafattkidd
Took a moment today to get the stove ready, checked the door gasket and by-pass plate gasket (dollar bill test) checked and made sure the chimney was clear, cat chamber clean from debris, took the rear fan kit off, blew compressed air through it outside to clean the squirrel cage and blades, added a couple drops of 3:1 all-purpose oil, took the thermostat cover off, oiled the shaft pieces to get it rolling nice and smooth. Brought in 3 arm full loads of wood (cut up ash and cherry) and waiting for the cold to set in.

Will probably start my first fire of the season tonight. Been fixing up this old house I bought in March. Ripped out all that old particleboard in the first picture and put down plywood over the subfloor and topped off with engineered hardwood. Hope to start adding baseboards and replacing the old doorway and door trim later this week.

Was finally able to move into it in July. Had the Sirocco 30.2 installed, have 5 cords of juniper that's seasoned and ready to go and about 4 more cords of pine that will be ready for next year. House is still a work in progress with a ton of projects still to do. The wood stove was one of the first things I had done, along with a new septic tank, has a new roof, gutters, gutted the kitchen, new plumbing, toilets and electrical in the bathrooms and kitchen, and the list goes on!

[Hearth.com] Who's ready for the 2024-2025 burn season?

Last edited:
Not me. Man, I’m not even close. I’m going to have to buy Bio Bricks for this year and stock up for next year. I’ve been so busy working I’ve hardly had x4time to scrounge and process wood....
I can relate - bought some Bio Bricks yesterday. The night before went to the supermarket that usually carries them. Where they usually were, instead were pumpkins. Fortunately found out the Agway very close by had several truckloads in stock.

Cut up a pallet that I found from last year, stored behind a fence. Made the slats into kindling. Used this tool my son and D.I.L gave me years ago - one of the most practical Christmas gifts I've received. Cut the 2x4s to about 18".