Which one should I go with- P E Summit or Regency i3100??????????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.
PE is probably the easiest stove to operate on the market. It's available in many different levels of trim. The fanciest PE will cost less than the plainest Regency and will heat just as well.

I'd go PE unless you're getting a screaming deal on that Regency.

Pros: Big steel boxes that hold a lot of wood.

Cons: Both have the door handle on the wrong side.

Have never used PE so can only speak about the Regency I3100 - I had a 14-hr burn a couple weeks ago without a full load of wood & it was 21% moisture Hackberry (not the best). Heat output is tremendous and 2ndary burn is something to behold even with the air closed down to lowest setting.
After looking at the specs and design of the PE, I personally would purchase whichever unit is readily available that I could obtain service support after the sale. Basis for that statement:
Weight: PE Summit - 440 lbs Regency I3100 - 470 lbs which tells me they both have about the same amount of steel.
The internal 2ndary burn design is different, but external faces look much the same to me. Sizes are comparable and I personally can't see any significant difference in the surrounds. Jotul has some very nice surrounds (in my opinion), but I'm not buying "surrounds", I'm buying a heating unit. Just my 2-cents worth and we all know what that's worth these days !

Status
Not open for further replies.