What kind of heater is this?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
That’s a pretty crazy suggestion... top exit makes for a superior setup.
Well call me crazy, but that jog at the top looks like crap and some dismantling would have to be done to clean it. A straight up top exit in this case would bring the stove too close to the wall I assume. Yeah a straight up is superior performance (by how much?) however my PH with it's T out the back seems to be happier than a steamed clam. But here is a downside to straight up - the creosote flakes from the pipe ends up inside the stove.

A stove is not part of the house it is an appliance. I took mine with me when i sold our house.

We really either need better pics or a make asnd model to let you know if it is any good

bholler, I really respect all of your advice here on the forum. You know your stuff, and I don't want to start an argument by no means. But if your statement is true then so is a furnace and hot water heater being an appliance and you don't take those with you when you move. Also, I am not a Real Estate lawyer so what you say could be true. Just looking at it logically. Keep up the good advice and keep warm.

Well call me crazy, but that jog at the top looks like crap and some dismantling would have to be done to clean it. A straight up top exit in this case would bring the stove too close to the wall I assume. Yeah a straight up is superior performance (by how much?) however my PH with it's T out the back seems to be happier than a steamed clam. But here is a downside to straight up - the creosote flakes from the pipe ends up inside the stove.
No need to dissasemble anything just clean through those elbows.

Reactions: webby3650
bholler, I really respect all of your advice here on the forum. You know your stuff, and I don't want to start an argument by no means. But if your statement is true then so is a furnace and hot water heater being an appliance and you don't take those with you when you move. Also, I am not a Real Estate lawyer so what you say could be true. Just looking at it logically. Keep up the good advice and keep warm.
Furnaces and water heaters are not classified as appliances. They are infrastructure freestanding wood stoves are appliances. They are treated the same as kitchen appliances. Many times they stay but nothing says they have to.

Don't think the side door clearance for hearth is adequate either...

Nice link KodiakII, I think the winner will be the one who pays the most for their lawyer!!!;lol

Reactions: KodiakII
Bhollers absolutely correct, a wood stove is not real property and is considered the same as an appliance. Most of the sales I deal with they leave the stove for the buyer, maybe they're like me and would use the opportunity to try a new one