What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
White oak, red oak, and shagbark hickory.

Reactions: thewoodlands
We have a low of 34.4 with nothing going in the liberty, we'll get another load of cherry going after this cup of coffee.

I ran the pellet stove last night since it was 35, the temp this morning is 32 so we're burning some cherry in the liberty.

NOAA has us dropping down to 9 the next two nights, cherry and some nice rounds of ironwood will be providing the heat.

We had a low of 12.5 this morning with another load of cherry going in the liberty.

We had 7 this morning, I filled the liberty up with more cherry. It looks like the low tonight might be the same.

We had 8 this morning, hopefully that's the last of the single digit temps, more cherry going in the liberty.

It was 33 this morning with more cherry going in the liberty. We'll put in some shoulder season wood today, during the day we'll burn pine.

Only burning in the mornings lately. We have ash in the stove right now. Cold, grey ash.

Only burning in the mornings lately. We have ash in the stove right now. Cold, grey ash.
We plan on felling some ash but the snow is still thigh high in the area I'll start in, we'll see how much we lose after this rain and the warmer weather.

I am itching to get back in the wood cutting! Saw is ready......with a new 20” bar and chain

We had 31 this morning with the rain turning to snow (1-3 inches today with another 1-2 tonight) we have some cherry with a round of ironwood going.

We're dropping into the 40's during the day and mid 20's at night again, time to clean the ashes out and load the old girl up with some maple & cherry.

Uglies and small branches. Could see mid-20's tonight and slim chance of the white stuff.

Sent from my Mobile Interwebbery Thingy

We're heading down to 16 or 17 tonight so we're burning our last bag of pellets with the wood stove going with a load of 3 cherry splits on the bottom and 2 rounds of ironwood on top.

We did get another 2 inches of snow today with another 2 possible tonight.

We had 18 this morning, nothing going in the wood stove and the pellet stove is shutdown for the season.

willow... and cottonwood. and a few misc scraps....

Back into the low 20s this morning. Red oak.

35F this AM. Elm contributing to the cause. Getting a shot of rain/snow right now.

68C18CA9-90BE-4EF7-92ED-A63D965FCC36.jpeg This was a load I put in yesterday morning. No different from January’s load (orientation maybe).

City stove gets a load of maple in the eve, if I am in the city that is....

It was around 36 this morning so the liberty had some cherry going in it.