What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I recently stumbled on some ash rounds I had forgotten about. They were standing dead when I cut them, probably dry enough to burn as soon as they hit the ground, and have probably been sitting for over a year under a 3-sided part of my barn.

Needless to say the boiler liked it. I'm pretty sure the secondary burn zone was around 1500F when the temps dropped and the house started really calling for heat.

We had 2 this morning with some cherry going in the liberty.

They're calling for a low of 17 tonight so we'll burn some cherry with some rounds of ironwood filling up the top row.

It's 27.9 this morning but with some high wind gust coming in, we'll go with a propane fireplace our the furnace for heat today.

We should be around freezing tonight so we'll go with cherry and ironwood.

We had 32.4 this morning with the winds finally showing up later last night, we have some cherry going in the liberty.

We should have a low around 20 tomorrow morning so we'll load the stove up with cherry tonight.

Wild cherry in our stove for the last couple weeks now.

Reactions: thewoodlands
Have some punky stuff burning in the stove right now. 50's & 60's during the day and just making a fire at night to keep the chill out of the house.

Sent from my Mobile Interwebbery Thingy

Reactions: thewoodlands
We had 14 this morning with the liberty seeing another load of cherry.

It's 31.4 tonight with another load cherry providing the heat tonight.

It was a touch over 32 this morning with another load of cherry going in the liberty.

We haven't had a fire since this morning so I'll just turn the furnace on for five minutes before I hit the sleeper, the outside temp is just over 44 tonight.

Was up to 68 degrees today. House is still 65 degrees. Outside it is 61 degrees at 10:30pm. Very slim chance of a fire tonight, so charcoal and literal ash in the Buck tonight...

Sent from my Mobile Interwebbery Thingy

It was 7 degrees this morning with another load of cherry going in the liberty.

NOAA has us having a low of 10 tomorrow morning, tonight we'll go with cherry and some ironwood.

We had 7.5 this morning with more cherry providing the heat.

NOAA has a low of 14 for us tonight, we'll burn another load of cherry with ironwood.

Tomorrow we'll put another two loads of firewood in before we get some rain.

We had 14.5 this morning with more cherry firewood providing heat.

@Kevin Weis , I'll say a few prayers.

NOAA has us getting a low temp of 33 so we'll go with a cherry for the overnight fire.

It looks like we might get rain (0.25 - 0.50) and a possible 6-12 inches of snow with some cold coming in which should make things a big mess again.