What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Been using the Heat pump at times since too warm for the stove. High 50’s today. Stove will be on later this week..

Been using the Heat pump at times since too warm for the stove. High 50’s today. Stove will be on later this week..
We have some single digit nights coming at us with a minus 12 coming up, we'll start burning beech again.

Reactions: Wildflush
We have some single digit nights coming at us with a minus 12 coming up, we'll start burning beech again.
Yup you guys in the Adirondacks have much colder weather than us. We are getting teens later in the week. Got the wood in the house and I’m ready. Told my wife I will miss using the stove when it gets warmer 😂

Reactions: thewoodlands
SE WI is going to get to single digits later in the week and 3-6" of snow. The Northwoods is going to get colder and 16-27" of snow (according to the weather guessers right now...). Won't get back up there until mid-March probably. Hopefully I'll be able to get the mess cleaned up with the snowblower. Been burning a small mixed load in the mornings and full hardwood load for the overnights.

Yup you guys in the Adirondacks have much colder weather than us. We are getting teens later in the week. Got the wood in the house and I’m ready. Told my wife I will miss using the stove when it gets warmer 😂
This year we get a day or two of colder weather and then nice temps move in, when we get a real cold winter the cold last for weeks.

SE WI is going to get to single digits later in the week and 3-6" of snow. The Northwoods is going to get colder and 16-27" of snow (according to the weather guessers right now...). Won't get back up there until mid-March probably. Hopefully I'll be able to get the mess cleaned up with the snowblower. Been burning a small mixed load in the mornings and full hardwood load for the overnights.
Some are saying we'll get 5 to 8 and other sites 6 to 12, not a big difference unless you're moving the snow with a shovel.

I better get another 10 gallons of diesel tomorrow. How much snow do you have in the Northwoods before this storm?

Some are saying we'll get 5 to 8 and other sites 6 to 12, not a big difference unless you're moving the snow with a shovel.

I better get another 10 gallons of diesel tomorrow. How much snow do you have in the Northwoods before this storm?
It was compacted/settled down to about a foot when I left a week and a half ago. Not sure how much has fallen since. The last storm just clipped up there.

Reactions: thewoodlands
It was compacted/settled down to about a foot when I left a week and a half ago. Not sure how much has fallen since. The last storm just clipped up there.
We've lost a bunch of snow with the warmer temps and rain, the deer are loving it since mother nature uncovered some food for them. After this storm moves through, I'll fell some small maples that are damaged, the deer will be after those real quick.

Got some locust in the f400 tonight. Running full open. It’s like 50f out and the locust is being slow to start.

2.20.23 / Night

It's 25.9 outside tonight with the temps dropping to 19 according to NOAA, the basement is starting off at 75 with the temps up here 70 & 71.

We have four splits of beech on the bottom row with three splits of ash on the top row going in the wood stove tonight.

Reactions: Gearhead660
2.21.23 / Morning

We had 18.7 this morning with the basement temp starting off at 72 and the temps up here 67 & 68.

Another load of ash went in the wood stove this morning.

I have a little bit of everything in the stove this evening..locust,ash,red oak and burr oak....lol...I must say the BTUs are cranking! lol

2.21.23 / Night

The temp outside tonight is 30.6, the basement temp started out at 75 with the temps up here at 70.

We have three splits of beech and four of ash going in the Liberty tonight. Accu is calling for a low of 17.

Reactions: JamesGuido
2.22.23 / Morning Temps

We had a low of 13.8 outside with the basement temp starting out at 72 and the temps up here 66 & 67.

Another load of ash is going in the wood stove this morning.

Reactions: JamesGuido
Temps 45 now so too warm for the stove. Got tonight’s load ready. Maple, cherry on the bottom. 3 smaller splits diagonally across. Kindling on top with pinecones ready to light. Cold snap coming.

Fired up the insert with some elm and locust. Got some wicked secondaries going. Needed the extra btus, it's very windy with freezing rain. Myra cruising with the same diet as the insert.
What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

Back from a forced break.
The stove is chewing over some oak shorties these days.

We have an outside temp of 16.0 tonight with the basement temp starting out at 74 and the temps up here 69 & 70. We'll use the pellet stove tonight .

Reactions: NickW
I reloaded to a 65 pct full box (still red oak shorties) at 7.30 pm. 80 at the basement ceiling, 71 upstairs. 36 outside.

26 degrees, windy with snow sleet and hail currently. This storm sucks. Had to pull both my son's up the hill on our road with my truck. Backed into one of them in the driveway and did some damage. Loaded the NC30 with ash, sugar maple and birch at 8:30. Just opened the flue to 1/8 open and heading for bed. Flue temp of 710, stt about 580. Stove/rec room is over 80, LR upstairs is 69, bedrooms are 66. Getting up at 4 for the next round of snowblowing.

Morning of 2.23.23

We have a low of 11.5 this morning, the basement temp is starting out at 75 with the temps up here 69.

The pellet stove is off and the wood stove has five splits of ash going in it.

Wood shop scraps. Cleaning out the shop. Every project seems to use some of it, but then ends up leaving that much more behind. Everyone harps about making sure to have dry cordwood, but this stuff is way too dry. A little moisture makes for nice lazy flames, and not flash hot then burn out. So it's cordwood, with some scraps, cordwood, scraps. 15yrs worth of scraps - it's going to take a while. Shop echos now.

The high today was 37, dreary weather. No sun helping to heat, but no wind cooling the home down either.
I Added 3 three 1 ft long shorties at 4.30 pm. Reload now 3 hrs later with 1 ft long shorties N/S (in the 18" box). So 65 pct load. All red oak.

36 f outside now, slowly warming up to 45 at 7 am. Then a cool down over the day and night to a low of 20 F Saturday morning.

76 f at waist height 81 at the ceiling of the basement, and 70 in the living room.