Ventis cathedral box/adapter junction...silicone?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I'll be using sootEater.

Question guys: Still messin with this (got delayed due to weather). Went to install roof brace (rods) and the bands that go around the pipe aare still loose even after I tightened the bolt the whole way. So the bolt is now bottomed out and the band is still loose. ;?View attachment 246747
The band is not assembled correctly. Never mine you figured it out

Got the chimney up.:)

Man, is it gonna take some getting-used-to. It looks like we're trying to spy on North Korea with a land based periscope. !!!

Roof pitch is 10/12 or so. Steep. Had to go so high with the class A in order to get it high enough for the 2/10/3 rule.

Should have plenty of draft with this though.

Ended up putting the brace up on the upper pipe,,,, it just seemed more sturdy up higher..

Reactions: bholler
Had to extend support box in attic. Attic is in process to be finished and insulated (and heated). So box goes whole way into roof sheathing. Will add a layer of Roxul around "chase" later.

Attachments

• Ventis cathedral box/adapter junction...silicone?
    101_1270.JPG
    137.7 KB · Views: 76
  • Ventis cathedral box/adapter junction...silicone?
    101_1246.JPG
    292 KB · Views: 69