Upgrading 1988 Heatilator to 2016 Pacific Energy FP30

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Here is my quote for the FP30:
upload_2017-8-7_22-17-39.png

What do you think?

Here is my quote for the FP30:
View attachment 199044
What do you think?

That's a pretty good installed price.
I paid about 2000 more for my install with 26 ft of pipe plus I had the remote vent installed into the basement which added to the price.
I noticed your quote says cast iron door. I didn't know that was an option on the FP30.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a pretty good installed price.
I paid about 2000 more for my install with 26 ft of pipe plus I had the remote vent installed into the basement which added to the price.
I noticed your quote says cast iron door. I didn't know that was an option on the FP30.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I believe all fp30s have cast iron doors.

I question if we are comparing the same level of install? I was quoted $650 to set the fp, install the chimney, oak, and remote duct. That was labor only and didn't include any finishing (durock, stone, mantel, etc). In the end I choose to install myself.

I question if we are comparing the same level of install? I was quoted $650 to set the fp, install the chimney, oak, and remote duct. That was labor only and didn't include any finishing (durock, stone, mantel, etc). In the end I choose to install myself.

Ya the level of install for mine was a bit challenging but not crazy difficult.

I know the door is cast iron. But I was referring to if it was a glass insert door or just a full cast iron door.

My install took 2 guys 2 days (one certified installer and one apprentice) It included setting up the FP30, installing the chimney(required setting up 15ft of scaffold in the living room), crawling across 50ft of attic space to get to the chimney pass through.
My roof also has a very steep pitch so they had to use a full restraint system to install the roof portion. Then they had to cut through the floor and finished basement ceiling to install the remote vent.
The other thing is I'm up here in Ontario and we pay more for everything. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
That is pretty close to what my total was with half as much chimney pipe. If you can check other installs they have done and talk to the people they have worked for, it will be worth the effort. The price on paper is a small part of the story.

The Aeratron models look like a solid alternative to a Haiku, who think very highly of their products. Anything with a DC motor is plus for noise level and efficiency.

Thanks for posting! I loved following along! We're getting a QF 7100 installed in new construction soon - perhaps I should take some pics and share as well...

I think we are comparing a different level of service. This install that I provided above is a basic nut and bolt job. What I mean is they expect me to call when the fireplace is ready to be placed. They will install the unit - this means sit it down. From there they connect the pipe and run it up the half enclosed chase and put the SS flashing on the roof. They then expect the carpenter to come back for electrical, seal the chase, and finish drywall in the house and then do all the exterior works.

The fireplace is cast iron doors but with the glass insert.