Ugh. Stove out..... Help please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
cool :cool:

i will i just got home and going over a board for a friend of mine.

well the exact year manual is not available. the one i posted will work. there was't many changes to the stove other than control boards and there is no schematics for them. any part for the new ones will work on yours.

Update.......ran perfect all night. We ran it on high as too try to heat up the house....other than using a ton of pellots. Lol. It ran great! Actually ran out while we were just waking.....fire was out.

Added pellets hit the reset and poof! Fire

We are happy . Thanks again for all the help. This forum is wonderful.

ok today is a new day. stove is staying lit and functioning. One thing we noticed this morning as our temps went up outside yesterday ..we turned the stove to low from medium before we went to bed last night. When we got up..we could tell it chilled off naturally . I went to turn the stove to medium again and noticed..there was barely any fan pushing warm heat out the front. I know low is low...but i dont remember the low setting being like that barely pushing warm air. Could s mething changed or would there be a reason for that.

Its normal low is just a little bit more air than radiant/convection

Huh.....ok. were going to keep n eye on this. Owning this for a while. I'm not sure even on low it was ever putting out this lil flow/heat. Thanks!

Have you cleaned the blower cages?

It is the convection blower. The fan blades are known as a squirrel cage. You might be able to use a vac and a small paint brush. I like to take them outside and blow out the cages and motor Looks like this
620820F1-0877-4915-AFD6-D5B7C33B9786.png

I believe (if it is OEM)there is an inner and outer on each side of the motor

STOVE FOR SALE........ Ugh this piece of *#$@. Woke up this morning at 530. House was 52 degrees..... Stove out cold ,full hopper We just don't get this thing!! Was burning great when we went to bed. Won't start up now ;(

Are you on a thermostat? Did you clean out the convection blower fans?(Fan blades are critical) If the blower can’t evacuate heat from the stove it will overheat and shut down. You really need to read the manual until you understand the stove and how it works. Fans and blowers should be cleaned every ton of pellets or more frequently if the fuel is dirty.

Reactions: Washed-Up
Ssyko
You have the patience of a Saint.
I would have stopped replying 2 pages back.
Beginning to wonder if they can read and comprehend what they have read

Reactions: Ssyko
No reason to get snippy dude..... We are an older couple and aren't very mechanical when it comes to having these kind of issues. This stove certainly isn't retail friendly if you have to be part service technician to keep it running. If we wanted to babysit we would have a regular wood stove. Lol.

No we are not on a thermostat.... In the past we have found the stove to be more economical without it as far as pellet usage. Before I found the auger jam I thought maybe our problem was the door gasket so we ordered one and have not received it I'm hoping we can install it

When I clean the stove pulled the bricks cleaned out the exhaust pipe and it fired right up we have thought we had our problem nailed. And then like mention the other morning on low it barely was throwing any heat so this weekend we were going to clean out those fans. that's something that I would tackle not the wife I just started back to work because I lost my job over covid in the summer and we've been struggling. Like a lot of folks in the United States. We're sorry we're doing the best we can like I said we considering our non mechanical background. It may be easy for some folks but it isn't for everyone that's why we got on this forum. This particular stove has not been all that user-friendly for a while now. We either have some really terrible luck or we just haven't got to the bottom of the main problem of this stove.

Last time we went through this people recommended the vacuum switch so we bought one and then folks recommended the auger so we bought one and then the control box thankfully we didn't have to buy a control box and the stove worked its issues out last season. This season came and it fired right up with no issues and ran for weeks perfectly.

Ok I understand. I have run your stoves big brother the cb1200 for 19 years and they are a very simple stove to maintain you just have to know what to do and get a routine and your manual has it all in the maintenance section. Get the convection blower cleaned out thats the big thing right now. In order to troubleshoot, everything needs to be cleaned first that way you can tell what components are failing. This has been a lengthy frustrating experience for you because your idea of clean and mine are different.but it is what it is and we will go from here.

Reactions: Washed-Up
Ssyko, thank you for understanding and patience. Your right....we are learning about this cleaning thing more and more and will get to the fans tommorow. We were so excited after cleaning everything but those fans, when it instantly fired up! We thought we had it licked.

Guess we are comparing our ZERO issues with our harmon, Its been great and care free. Simple plug and play stove....... It is in our basement and we didnt have the 1000 bucks to buy the normal amount of pellots we have in the past to run both. That and the fact its been great but its a pellot eater, when the quad IS working it is way more effecient for sure. We are relying on the quad in the living room this season because of that. lol if i thought i could, id carry it up and swap!

well the Harman needs regular maintenance too. when it all clicks that quad will work as good as any stove out there including the Harman.

well the Harman needs regular maintenance too. when it all clicks that quad will work as good as any stove out there including the Harman.
lol I hope your correct. So far its been a bugger. We clean the harmon the way the dealer showed us when we purchased it new. The quad was bought used. We love the harmon as its super simple and hasnt given us any trouble, just wish it wasnt such a pellot hog...lol

by the way we havent quite burned a half ton of pellots this season. As mentioned we took it to a stove repair shop and they susposedly cleaned it out last season, said it was working great. Then the crap hit the fan with it. We also have burned the same exact pellots 5 yrs in a row now, so that hasnt changed. Just frustrating

pellets change from batch to batch. and the last 3-4 years all of them have been dirtyer than they ever were, why i don't know. for future reference, any used stove purchased always get a manual and read it thoroughly. most bad experiences come from owners that have not have not educated themselves. so let us know when you get the blowers cleaned out

Reactions: green wood