Ugh. Stove out..... Help please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
#3 snap disc has 115-125vac going into it at all times that the stove is plugged in. it may be warm. if you cant touch it that may be an issue. no other snap disc is resetable

ok do you have your manual? study it
# 3 snap disc is the overheat sensor it controls power to the ENTIRE stove if it is tripped you have nothing.
#2 snap disc is in control of the auger motor along with the vac switch. (you don't have hopper switch)
#1 snap disc controls the convection blower(room blower)

santafe-wire.jpg

Ok thank you. Yes I've read through parts of the manual. Thanks for the info on the discs. I have power, I have a call light, the auger I can put my finger on the end of it and feel it's spinning very fast but it only does it for maybe a minute and then it doesnt do it again. The number three snap disc I wouldn't say is burn worthy but it's warm. again you're saying if it was tripped I would have nothing at all and I do. I have everything but feed.
I just bypassed the vacuum switch with a jump wire. Didn't change anything.
If it's not number three desk and it's not the vacuum switch I'm not quite sure what else it could be. I guess it could be the control box but that's an awful coincidence if it went at the same time. :(

It's cold in here!!

Just emptied the hopper. Auger is not moving. I believed when I held my finger on the opposite end and I could feel it spinning that it was working. It is not

Jumper wire on vaccum switch still......3 disc not tripped ..... power every where but feed part.
Not sure we're to start. Any recommendations folks

Ok so I just vacuum the stove.... remove top piece and bricks. Wasn't that bad at all but it's clean now 100% what about the little chamber
Does your stove have the center vent adapter for the exhaust? There is a cleanout door on it also. How is the stove vented?

Ugh. Stove out..... Help please

Ok snap disc #2 on your stove has been replaced. It has a red and blk wires jump that switch with your paper clip

No ours doesn't look like that in the back

3or 4 inch duravent straight out the back ....clean out....then up the wall to the ceiling out through the roof. Been like that since 2017.
Not sure if my pik posted. I dont see it now. But the disk with the black n orange wire is part number 230-1960
How can u tell it was replaced?

The other disc next to it has a purple n purple wire going to it. Part number 230-1220.

I jumped the disc u mentioned. Nothing changed.

It isn’t supposed to be resetable. But if you jump it the auger should work. If it doesn’t jump the vac switch along with it. Could you check and see if there is a hopperswitch.

Last edited:
I will try to jump both. Thank you.

If your meaning a cutoff switch for the hopper lid? No it doesn't have one.

I noticed the auger ....I can grab it with my fingers on the hopper end. I can wiggle it....like there is some play. Is that normal.

Yep that’s normal.

Okay jump both the vacuum switch and that snap disc with the red and orange wire and still nothing machine turns on igniter glow no auger feed. Are we positive it still couldn't be that snapdis3 the one that has constant power running to it that makes the most sense for the situation why the thing stopped out of the blue?

Sounds like you need a board or auger motor.If number 3 trips you have no power to the stove period, nothing would turn on. Try it take 1 wire off the disc and turn on the stove.

We're just completely mystified as to why this thing would just stop working out of the blue because we noticed the flame too high in the pot and opened the door to contain it all the sudden the stove just doesn't work ........ crazy

You could try unplugging the stove and remove the control box and take a pencil eraser and rub the contacts on the board wipe off and reinstall and see if that helps

It could be a possibility

Would my door gasket cause this issue. I noticed it's not great. I'm ordering a new one regardless. If I bypassed every thing with the Jumpers....could the gasket seal still stop auger from feeding ?

When you jumped the vac switch an #2 disc at the same time you eliminated them from the process. So it would be like the board wired straight to the auger. If the auger is plugged it will not feed. If the auger motor if cooked it will not feed. If the circuit on the control board has been damaged it will not feed.

ok, we bought this used so no manual, i downloaded the one i recieved on here yesterday, thanks btw,.....i do notice the manual isnt exactly like our stove. cant seem to find a door gasket part number in the manual as the part numbers for parts have been removed..... to look one up on line any ideas on where to buy a factory quadrafire gasket on line? a ton on amazon..but nothing ive seen that says factory quadrafire

The ones on amazon are fine, quadrafire’s would be the same thing only 2x the price.

thank you! ill try the other suggestion you mentioned earlier...tonight afterwork. Im goin to check for a auger jam as well

Reactions: Ssyko
I will double ck the manual and make sure it for your vintage 2005

We have fire! Praying it lasts!!! Pulled the auger .... reinstalled and wallah. Instantly started to feed and had fire in minutes. Auger jam. Unreal.
Thank you all for the advice.....we appreciate it. Wish we could all buy you folks a drink!