Ugh. Stove out..... Help please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

green wood

Aug 8, 2017
pa
So last year we were having issues with the stove and we replaced some parts and it seemed to be working okay by the end of the season. This season we cleaned it out real good and fired up and it's been working like a charm for multiple weeks now actually... a month.

Sitting at the dinner table eating supper tonight I noticed the fire was sitting pretty high in the pot so I went over to pull the rod to clean out the pot and it was too late it had started to catch fire up to the feed tube where the pellets come from.... I opened up the front of the stove pulled the rod and everything seemed okay but then it stopped working. First thing I thought was the snap disc right behind the fire box went off since it may have got too hot at that point because of the high fire but it wasn't tripped it was very warm! to the touch but it wasn't tripped.

I have a red light and the green call light....everything is functioning well except it's no longer feeding pellets no matter what I do. :(

Any suggestions. Thank you

Post make and model stove..

Unplug the stove and allow it to cool off. If its burned for a month its time for a thorough clean out. Plug back in and try it

So we shut it off last night and let it sit overnight I cleaned the pot out and cleaned inside and around the burn pot is that what you mean....... Started back up this morning and same thing....... By letting that fire get too tall it affected something I'm just not sure what in the past it was the snap disc right behind the auger. But like I mentioned it wasn't tripped

Short answer Yes

That is considered snap disc 3. Correct?

The one in the center of the stove by where the auger runs?. Looking at the stove this morning. I only see two actually snap discs.
..the other that looks to be a disc doesn't have the pop up reset button in the center. Just two wires coming from it

I just read online snap disc 3....kills all power to stove. That isn't what's happening with ours. Ours is powered up ...... Just stopped adding fuel. I can feel the exposed end of the auger spinning...when I hit the reset button....just doesn't add fuel.

Does anyone know if this auger motor has a capacitor. ? Can it be rotating backwards >???

So we shut it off last night and let it sit overnight I cleaned the pot out and cleaned inside and around the burn pot is that what you mean......

no i mean a thorough clean pull the impingement plate clean down behind the back wall hidden chambers pull the exhaust blower motor clean it and the chamber check n clean vent pipe.

Reactions: johneh and gfreek
We did take it to a stove retailer and payed to have it gone over and cleaned last fall. Saud it was good to go....
Then the auger crapped and the vacuum switch. Not there fault. But agrivating
None the less. Stove has worked perfectly this season till last evening .

thank you.....seems to be a issue with what snap discs we have vs that manual. we have two reset ones and one non re set disc. the resetable one is on the back side near the exhaust port....the other two are located out near the control box. the manual isnt very clear of location so were not sure exactly which ones are which. reason im asking is i found a set of 3 online reasonable..but they are not all resetable disc......not sure if that matters or not..... Im not at the stove currently....are these that perticular as far as part number and such or are they pretty versatile?
our stove is a 2005 i believe....serial number is 1630474 control box is 7000-205 when i got onlline at work, (dont have internet at home) to order some snap discs just to have in case cleaning it doesnt fix it......it said my serial number doesnt apply.

See page 27. You need to read the entire manual. especially the maintenance section. I guarantee it’s plugged up behind the bricks. Ash insulates and your discs are not seeing the heat.

ok....i understand and i will clean it out tonight. if i understand this correctly .. looking at our stove there is only one disc (#)3 thats near heat, on the back side of internal stove itself..... the other two disc are out by the control box.

Sysko can you check if manual I posted is correct ....thanks

#3 should be on the auger tube, it is supposedly resetable. #’s 2 &3 are out on the side of the air chamber leading to the combustion blower chamber yes near the control box.
Manual
see pg 32

#3 should be on the auger tube, it is supposedly resetable. #’s 2 &3 are out on the side of the air chamber leading to the combustion blower chamber yes near the control box.
Manual
see pg 32
yes...the number 3 is resetable....on the auger tube. not challenging anyone here..lol cause we dont know much on these! but when u said the discs werent getting heat cause us ash.......it seemed odd to me the other two are so far away from the heat source. lol

does it make sense guys that 2 of the three disc are resetable and one isnt. im not exactly sure which one isnt not looking at the stove currently....but i do know the auger one , number 3 is for sure. this happened one other time and it tripped the 3 disc. why i was hoping when this happened last evening, i would just be able to reach back there and reset it...but it wasnt tripped

They all are for different temperature ranges. #3 is resetable because it doesn’t trip unless the stove over heats.

ok thank you, so this is odd...when i take the part numbers off the manual you provided and try to order them....the only on that is resetable using the factory part number is number 3 disc. I know for a fact i have two that are resetable . could our unit be older than the manual? and be a different type? or could someone at some point before we owned it.....put in a different snap disc....and is that a big deal? why i was asking if these discs are crucial to be exact. when i get home ill have to see if i can read a part number off the other two

Last edited:
Ok so I just vacuum the stove.... remove top piece and bricks. Wasn't that bad at all but it's clean now 100% . Didn't change...still not feeding. One thing I noticed I reached around back why the stove was attempting to start and I wanted to make sure that number three snap disc was reset and when I touched it it was very very warm already and the stove hadn't even started. Is that a sign possibly ?

Here is a picture of where the two out of the three snapdiscs are located on my

Attachments

• Ugh. Stove out..... Help please
    IMG_20210104_182855415.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 118
I'm also wondering if I bypass the vacuum box with the paper clip trick does that also bypass the snap disc number 3?