Too hot?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jaywiz

Nov 17, 2016
Ohio
Ok guys,in the case of a overfire situation in a insert.how do ya shut it down? The air is already closed as far as it goes and i must have stuffed it too full.its burning about 750 on two seprate thermos the laser and the manual...
So how do i get this back under control???
On my other wood burners (furnace and fireplace) i shut the air down at both ends and rein it in in the osburn 2400 you only have the incoming air and i dont think it fully closes.

Turn the blower on high?

Its on!

Theres not much control on this stove i may have to firgure out a way to clpse it completely of for such an situation.

Not intuitive but swing the door wide open to break the vacuum from the secondary burn tubes. Watch out for popping out burning embers but the cold air in rush will turn it into a open fireplace and the heat will go up the chimney. When it gets back down to six hundred or so close the door and go back to regular burn.

Thanks bart! I actually was doing just that as you replied.lol got a couple of puffs in the house but it helped...slowly creeping down as we speak.
I do love this insert though, the furnace has only kicked on twice in the morning(in the last week) when i didnt get up to reload during the night.19 outside a toasty 70-74 inside.

Reactions: saydinli
Status
Not open for further replies.