To burn 24/7 or not to burn 24/7...that is the question...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Compared to my old steel stove, this has been my experience. I don't have a fan kit, so I am sure there is additional benefit in that.

My combustor and pipe temps come up just fine - just takes longer to feel radiant heat IMO which seems inherent in a clad stove.

My combustor and pipe temps come up just fine - just takes longer to feel radiant heat IMO which seems inherent in a clad stove.
[/QUOTE]

I’m sure your right; science says that heat has to go/is adbsorbed by the iron and then from the iron off etc. I also got one of those little eco fans and sometimes I’ll just let that thing go without the stove blower/fan, honestly I was pretty surprised how much the little eco fan does by itself. All in all between the fans the stone behind the stove ceiling fans etc, I’m quite happy with this stove. Only time will tell but dare I say I’ll never go back to a pellet stove

Sounds like you're happy so far - it will take some time to figure out the best way to run it in your application under various weather conditions, but you've got a good stove to start with. I wouldn't trade mine for anything else. :cool:

Compared to my old steel stove, this has been my experience. I don't have a fan kit, so I am sure there is additional benefit in that.

Yes, the old Schrader with unshielded sides would radiate heat faster. I compare warm up to the Jotul F400 we had prior to the T6. That stove would warm up a little faster and definitely was more radiant, but I notice the room temp thermometer going up within 30 minutes with the T6 which is good enough for me.