This is a first for me....I'm buying log length.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I envy you log load guys. I have all of the trees I could ever burn but having a limbless stack of logs to just buck instead of dropping, loading and hauling up the hill out of the woods gets really attractive. Unfortunately with my bridge, driveway and lack of turnaround space it will never happen. And with the development around here guys are begging ya to take the stuff to avoid disposal fees.

Beetle, I'd probably trust the guy. The end result, after you buck it up will probably not match but should come close. I'd guess a bit less than in the log length but that should still be okay. I would ask the guy (but he'll probably do it anyway) to lay down a couple logs then stack the rest on top at the 90 degree angle. This will help you in bucking up the logs.

Definitely get it laid out on stringers, put 3 or 4 or 6 down so as you cut the ends off the logs there is still something under the middle of them.

Reactions: Beetle-Kill
Am I an idiot or what....? I just, today, locked in another 10 bundles of slab wood to be delivered. Each bundle is .78 cord.
I must say, I love's me some slab wood. I can load that darn BK to the gills with it and it will go 24hr. in moderate temps. Easy to process also, just mark the lengths and plunge cut
At $10 a bundle, you can't lose.

Yup, there are many who burn slab wood. It is cheap. Best way to cut it up though is with a buzz saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.