Summer's heat 2000 (Madison)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I dont know about an issue, since you have 15 in overlap. What brand of pipe is it?

Super vent. I think I have it satisfactory. The seams were pretty much on top of each other. I rotated the seams to a few inches apart. It lays flatter now and I think a screw between the seams will even it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't seem to get the clamp to go over the chimney and chimney cap's rim. The base of the cap is a little too big in circumference. Any ideas?

Is this gap an issue? I think the inner pieces of the double wall telescopic pipe meet better. It this just cosmetic?
That looks like an issue but I'll wait for other more knowledgeable posters to weigh in. The connector pipe is made by the same company as the support box, correct?
I can't seem to get the clamp to go over the chimney and chimney cap's rim. The base of the cap is a little too big in circumference. Any ideas/
Got a pic?

When you light it up put a lighter up to it to see if it leaks a lot, that will tell you.

I'll try to get a pic of the cap sometime. The rim is about an 1/8" wider than the pipe so the bolt for the clamp won't reach to the threads.

Baffles slide to the front or back?

Seems I heard somewhere they go to the back. I've looked in the manual a few times. Replacement procedures don't specify. To me it makes sense if you have fresh air coming in the front for the air wash, the smoke should go out the back?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: jatoxico
Great balls o' fire!

Load of splitter trash? _g

Kindling fire. Breaking it in to 300 for the first fire.

Reactions: Woody Stover
Here is a top down just getting into the bottom logs.

Reactions: Woody Stover
Anyone else noticed the ash dump is over the edge of the ash pan? When I rake the ash, I get a pile on the floor under the stove. I may have to make a little chute to guide the ash into the pan.

Most people just dig a couple scoops of ash out bypassing using the pan altogether...my ash pan is in the closet with Super Cedars in it ;lol

Get yourself a ash bucket comes with a little shovel. Alot less hassle

Reactions: RopeS
Seems like the thing to do.

I got an email reply from supervent about my Deluxe Rain Cap. It does not need a locking band on it. It just twists on.

Reactions: WayneN
So I've been reading other threads on the dog house. Is it the 3/"16 hole facing the fire in the center of the metal box front and center or below in the crevasse that constantly fills with ash?
I ask because I see no difference in where I place my air control. In or out, turned or not, I get no jet. Even if I pile coals up front they don't glow any brighter while adjusting air flow.
I've been assuming it's the little 3/16ish" hole. The 1"X1" hole in the brick just in front of the doghouse stays full of ash.

What I'm burning now is a hickory blow down from three years ago that has been cut and split since this spring. I'll dig out some oak that has been split 2-3 years today and try again tonight.

I'm not familiar with your model stove in particular, but I would say that the 3/16" hole you found is the "doghouse air" hole.
Most of 'em have no direct control, wide open all the time...and there will not normally be a "jet" from this hole

There is a chance it could be the wood. No meter yet. I saw a YouTube video that shows a obvious difference between the air control being opened or closed. Full open shot a cyclone of flame between two logs in a N/S loading. I can rake up a pile of good hot coals to the front, turn out all the lights and there is no change in intensity or color with any adjustment other than cracking the door open.

What was the outdoor temp? Draft is probably still a little weak with the warmer weather many have had so far this year.

Upper 40s so far. Tonight should be around 40.

Getting it figured out. I'm crossing the wood to keep a flame instead of letting it get all jammed up.
2 Condar Medallions and an Imperial read 475 on top and 550 on an uninsulated spot on the side between the firebrick gap.

Last edited: