Sugar Maple Kicking In

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.
We never looked at another stove but had did some research and love the btu's the Liberty kicks out. Attached is a picture of a three year old sugar maple split (6x6) that I use for overnight loading, I get three splits on the bottom then throw two smaller splits of cherry on top and get a 10 hour burn.

zap

Attachments

• [Hearth.com] Sugar Maple Kicking In
    100_2502.webp
    151.8 KB · Views: 152
That's some great wood and your stove is a marvel.Your 10 hour burn without the damper out burns my Mansfield when it had no damper.The Mansfield would eat thru the wood in 6 hours without the damper.With the damper I'm getting 12 hours of heat.What's also amazing about your stove is your getting that good burn time with so little wood.That little amount of wood would not give that amount of heat in my Blaze King nor my Mansfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.