Roo here is my Husky and another weapon

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

elkimmeg

the red and black Hammer is a 22 oz Husky my everyday hammer

the wood handle hammer is my 28 oz framing hammer

Attachments

• hamer2.jpg
    hamer2.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 381
Leave em both sitting unattended for a couple days and I bet I can tell you which one someone will steal.........................................Thats why I like the cheap Chineses ones. They are so chitty that they will follow you home if you forget them.....

Hammers are a funny thing with me ,
I found my first hammer when i was in the 5th grade when i was walking to school and still use it today as my good hammer..........
I had found 2 more over the years and are really nice units ( can you call a hammer a unit ? ) had others given to me as well as gifts , I can say that the hammer is the only tool I've never spent money on .

I wish i could say that for the name "Husky"

Roospike said:
I found my first hammer when i was in the 5th grade when i was walking to school and still use it today as my good hammer..........
I had found 2 more over the years and are really nice units ( can you call a hammer a unit ? ) had others given to me as well as gifts , I can say that the hammer is the only tool I've never spent money on .

Roo A guy offered me a 357 xp today. I don't know what is wrong with it but he says if you think you can fix take it looks about 2 years old.

I know you know these saws inside out is it a mid range saw. I supose I could look it up but why not ask the users I think the bar is 18 or 20 "

Its been years 1978 since I bought a saw not counting chepie electric ones. I said the next saw would be a Makita, but the price might be right. It has decent compression

If you wouldn't mind give me the run down

elkimmeg said:
Roospike said:

Roo A guy offered me a 357 xp today. I don't know what is wrong with it but he says if you think you can fix take it looks about 2 years old.

I know you know these saws inside out is it a mid range saw. I supose I could look it up but why not ask the users I think the bar is 18 or 20 "

Its been years 1978 since I bought a saw not counting chepie electric ones. I said the next saw would be a Makita, but the price might be right. It has decent compression

If you wouldn't mind give me the run down

"offered me a 357 xp today" meaning a good price or FREE !?

The 357XP is a awesome chainsaw in the same range as a Stihl MS361 ...........
18" and or 20" are a great size for the saw and Retail is over $600.00 and a great internet price is around $525.oo

If free take it , if a good deal ...........take it! The saw is worth putting money into if needbe.

EDIT: "decent compression" Do you know what the compression is ? over 130 PSI is "ok" but 140 -150 PSI is best. Under 130 PSI might want to pull the muffler and look at the rings and check out the cylinder wall .

I only pulled the starter I did not measure the compression and the price is right free He bought it then there was a recall or something and ended up with both. this is the same guy that gave me 16 cords split, the use of his bob cat to load and his dumptruck to load and bring it to my house. He also gave me a Ridgid contractor bench saw damaged which i fixed awsome saw plus a Makita LS 12/12 compound silde miter saw. Things break they just buy new. They have 6 pergo flooring installation crews for Empire carpeting and flooring. In return I fix their computers including broken laptop LCDs and some of their tools. I have another lap top to fix the LCd cost is $200 that would be the cost of the saw. Plus I reduce my hourly wages so in a way it washes

I in turn gave 4 cords to help some one real ill ,that I knew could not gather wood anymore This guy knew I was helping the other guy

Go for it brotherman ! The "wash" price is the way to go .
The pro saw might take some time to get use to if you've not used one before, there not like the old heavy torque saw , there a high power - high RPM - high end power range saw you have to run with finesse. I love mine .

Status
Not open for further replies.