Replacing the Dauntless..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here

newguyjoe

Hearth Supporter
Nov 7, 2008
Monroe,NY
Hi Everyone,
Im looking to get rid of the Dauntless this year. Im thinking about the Quadra fire Millennium 3100.
Is this a good stove ? easy to operate ?
Thanks in advance
Joe

The Quad is a time-proven workhorse with a basic secondary rack design. It's a good choice and much easier to operate.

Reactions: newguyjoe
Thanks for the reply, i was on vacation and away from the computer.

Ordered the 3100 this passed weekend. Hopefully this is a much better experience than the Dauntless was.

Hi Everyone,
Im looking to get rid of the Dauntless this year. Im thinking about the Quadra fire Millennium 3100.
Is this a good stove ? easy to operate ?
Thanks in advance
Joe
Hi! new to the forum. We've been looking into the Dauntless and I'm wondering why you want to get rid of it? Thanks in advance?

Hi! new to the forum. We've been looking into the Dauntless and I'm wondering why you want to get rid of it? Thanks in advance?

It can be a fussy stove to operate, especially without the catalytic convertor installed. Check out user posts for the Dauntless in the Vermont Castings section of the forums.

Reactions: Gunnfiregal
That stove gave me so many problems and you have to constantly babysit it to make sure it doesn't get CRAZY hot. Id definitely recommend something else.

I did buy the 3100 Millennium . I'm installing SOON so hopefully its a much better experience.

Have you gotten the new stove yet and if so, how do you like it? Were you able to sell your Dauntless?
Hey..
Yup, i got the new stove and haven't had a fire in it yet. its 80 out today. soon though....
I still have the Dauntless and will be trying to sell it soon.

Reactions: Jmorg