QuadraFire classic bay 1200 fire pot filling

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I’m going to disconnect the stove from the exhaust and clean it from inside to outside and make sure nothing is in there

Isn't there a clean out T on bottom?

Yes there is a clean out but I just wanted to make sure I got everything and I did. I will attach a picture of the gap in my fire pot this is what it has to be. Everything else is sealed and cleaned

QuadraFire classic bay 1200 fire pot filling This is with no fire pot gasket. This has got to be my problem! I have been messing with this stove forever! Somebody back me up?

Yes that would cause a major leak. And kill the burn

Told you from the start when you said no gasket that this is a major issue. kap

Appreciate you letting us know. kap

As long as everything is clean and settings are as good as can be, it's all it can do. you can try +4 but watch flame. Try a couple bags of another brand pellet. May have to help it get to a temp with other heat, to give it a chance. kap

Kap, I have the flame at +5, flame is still looking good, not lazy, touching top of diamond. Is this normal when burning hardwood Hamers? Starting to think it may be an exhaust problem. Tried to put a thermometer right in front of the blower, it was climbing and got to 280 degrees & climbing then the flame went down and never got the full reading. What should the temp be if I have a +5 flame on high output?

One thing to watch is how much fuel is in pot on +5. You don't want too much, or you will loose heat. I have shot my glass on high at 450, med at 365. I have readings of 260 on middle, but can't remember if that was the AE or the Santa Fe. I am guessing AE. I have wrote down that I had best on corn setting, high elevation. But my stove has always been odd. Even Quad scratched their head on me having to run on -5 with corn or pellets, unless it was real cold out. Then I could go to -3 sometimes.

All I can say is, what a difference a simple gasket makes! This stove drove me nuts for the past few weeks! Now that it’s up and running good, I still wanna upgrade to a p-68. I had this on the computer for 1600. A guy offered me 1200. Is 1200 a fair price or a little low?

Amazing ain't it, what a gasket can do? lol What year stove is it again?

Yeah me2