QuadraFire classic bay 1200 fire pot filling

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Without a firepot gasket, a lot of the air is going around the pot, and not thru it, which will cause a lot of issues. Also you never said if you re-adjusted the feed rod. kap

I guess that’s my next step. I’ll have to get a gasket tomorrow, I’m sure I can’t find anything like this at Lowe’s. I’m gonna have the guy come tomorrow or Tuesday. I can’t sell the stove like this. I wouldn’t want somebody to do this to me. So hopefully I have bad airflow bc no firepot gasket. Makes sense?

Reactions: kappel15
You have to find the spot in between, but it is mute till you get a gasket. kap

Be sure to place firepot thermocouple at least 3/4 to 1" inside pot, making sure the tip is touching the inside end of the cover. And be careful not to bend the wires too much. And I would also put some high temp anti-seize grease on bolts, to make it easier to remove down the road. kap

Pics help a lot. So you think you’re missing the main fire pot gasket. That would be very surprising. You bought stove new or used. It’s a 2015 correct?

Im definitely missing the gasket. I took it out to clean it before the season and never replaced it. Think that’s my problem? I’ll get some pics later

Having a problem with my MVAE. Had it on manual, high, sunflower mode all night last night with -3 flame. Flame height was good, licking the top of the baffle. It was about 4 degrees last night, and trying to heat 2700 sq ft 2 story open layout. Stove was set to 72 and it hasn't reached it yet. It was 64 when I went to bed, when I woke up it was 57. STILL trying to get up to 72 and it's 3pm.

Stove has been cleaned, heat exchanger, find, etc...

Having a problem with my MVAE. Had it on manual, high, sunflower mode all night last night with -3 flame. Flame height was good, licking the top of the baffle. It was about 4 degrees last night, and trying to heat 2700 sq ft 2 story open layout. Stove was set to 72 and it hasn't reached it yet. It was 64 when I went to bed, when I woke up it was 57. STILL trying to get up to 72 and it's 3pm.

Stove has been cleaned, heat exchanger, find, etc...
Is your fan speed on normal or quiet?

QuadraFire classic bay 1200 fire pot filling This is my flame after 7 or 8 minutes of the stove started

Is your fan speed on normal or quiet?

Hey Kap,

It's on normal. Anything else you can think of?

Tried burning on Hardwood setting with flame to +3, on manual High. +3 flame looks good hitting top of diamond. Still not the same heat output as on sunflower setting. Still can't keep up with temp, let alone raise temp on it's own, without heat pump. Burning Hamers (Elkins). Frustrated! I know 2700 sq ft is a lot of air to move but I know it can be done! Any suggestions would be welcomed with optimal settings that are foolproof

Not enough air thru pot. You exhaust path was clear, so rules that out. You sure the ash floor is closed good? kap

Hey Kap,

It's on normal. Anything else you can think of?

Tried burning on Hardwood setting with flame to +3, on manual High. +3 flame looks good hitting top of diamond. Still not the same heat output as on sunflower setting. Still can't keep up with temp, let alone raise temp on it's own, without heat pump. Burning Hamers (Elkins). Frustrated! I know 2700 sq ft is a lot of air to move but I know it can be done! Any suggestions would be welcomed with optimal settings that are foolproof
As long as everything is clean and settings are as good as can be, it's all it can do. you can try +4 but watch flame. Try a couple bags of another brand pellet. May have to help it get to a temp with other heat, to give it a chance. kap

Yes the clean out traps are closed good. Would missing the firepot gasket cause this?

Have you cleaned out the trap behind the heat exchangers? Rt side of stove as you face it near the bottom, 4"x6" and 4 screws

QuadraFire classic bay 1200 fire pot filling

Omg inside the house? Lol i bet you did have a mess. Im betting there is somthing in the vent pipe or combustion motor is weak along with the gasket. What is you vent configuration?

Than
As long as everything is clean and settings are as good as can be, it's all it can do. you can try +4 but watch flame. Try a couple bags of another brand pellet. May have to help it get to a temp with other heat, to give it a chance. kap

Makes a lot of sense. Don't think it's a heat output problem either definitely putting off good heat. Just thinking the house losses too much heat. A lot of windows in dining room

Sounds like you do have a lot of heat loss. But I bet with a little help, I can heat fine. kap