QuadraFire classic bay 1200 fire pot filling

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Rml7012

Jan 14, 2018
New York
My classic bay 1200 has been filling up with unburned pellets for a long time now, to the point where the fire is rolling out of the pot. I keep messing with it thinking I know what I’m doing and I can’t figure it out. Combustion blower is clean, doors are sealed good, chimney is clean. Anybody have any more suggestions? I’m done with this stove I’m selling for a p68! Wanna fix problem before I sell

Last edited:
All the holes in the burn pot clean and open? Igniter hole? Ash gate still hooked to the cleanout rod and is it closed?

Reactions: kappel15
Im burning energex in my cb1200 and it’s doing great at -16 this morning. Is the hopper feed open to far?

Try pushing it all the way down and see if it helps. Then you can open it to get the fire back where it belongs when the pot burns down. I have pulled mine up from the bag getting caught on it when I loaded the stove

Yeah I’ve had the whole stove apart a couple times and i clean the convection and combustion blowers every ton.

I’m thinking I need to clean the convection blower. I have the stove in the corner of the room will I have to pull it away from the wall or is it pretty easy to get out?

Convection blower has nothing to do with the fire. Your combustion blower is what draws air through the burn pot. But you might have to turn it to the side a bit to get enough room

Usually cb1200 has way to much draft so unless you have something blocking the vent pipe or the impeller blades are bad on the combustion blower I’ve never had a pot fill up and smother itself.

Well, if you closed the feed adjusting rod, and it went out, you need to find the sweet spot in between. kap

Too much feed of high ash fuel, or dirty pot and or exhaust path is the cause of this problem. kap

I used my compressor and cleaned the heat exchangers all the way down to the combustion blower. What a mess that made. So I don’t believe anything is blocking the vent and it’s clean

Is your control box set on 1 ? If you unplug stove, and plug back in, control box blue light should blink once every 10 seconds. If it is on 2, this is extra 10% fuel. kap

Sounds like stove is clean, what about exhaust pipe or cold air return if you have one?

Exhaust pipe on the stove? I ran the brush from outside all the way to the stove and cleaned it. I don’t have the fresh air line

Ever had the burn pot out? Checked all the directional holes? They will fill up with hard deposits

Did you put a new gasket under the pot?

I would suggest you run out and grab a bag of different Pellets and try them in the stove. Just because energex are burning well for someone else doesn’t mean anything to you. If you have the same issue with the new pelle the you need to be up front with the buyer. They’res a lot of work involved in moving the stove for him and further investment with piping and such. He’ll not be a happy camper when he fired it up only to see this happen. Then he’ll spend days wondering what he’s doing wrong and trying to figure it all out. Just be up front and negotiate from there. Should he still decide to take it point him to YouTube and the leaf blower trick. I do hope it’s just the Pellets

Reactions: Ssyko and kappel15
I looked. I am missing a gasket in the fire pot. Would this make the pot fill up? I’m not seeing how a little gasket would make that much of a difference