Purchasing a used H300. How do I ensure the firebox is safe for use?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Then i would say you are fine

From your response that must mean pumice stone is WAY lighter. But that raises another question, until I contact the manufacture the privious owner could of changed out the brick and also did not know the difference between pumice and fire brick. But l hope your right, would hate to buy more brick.::-)

J.dhogg, sorry, dident mean to hyjack your thread.

Last edited:
From your response that must mean pumice stone is WAY lighter. But that raises another question, until I contact the manufacture the privious owner could of changed out the brick and also did not know the difference between pumice and fire brick. But l hope your right, would hate to buy more brick.::-)
Yes much lighter. Yes you can run it with those brick in it for a little just find out if they are right

J.dhogg, sorry, dident mean to hyjack your thread.

No problem Mark8. I was just impressed that my first thread has gone to its second page!
The firebrick discussion helps me as well.

Reactions: Mark8
I don't know what the Country 260 insert uses, regular brick or pumice. The manual does not specify. Were you able to make contact with them?

Don't bother trying to call Country stoves in Washington they will not answer the phones being they are the manufacturer, you need to call 1(800) 655-2008 select #2 then #3 for technical support. Country stoves use fire brick in there stoves not pumice.

Reactions: bholler