Pelpro PP130B broken!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
This is one of the ones that didn't fit.

Pelpro PP130B broken!

There was a guy on YouTube that had the same bolt breakage, and he just tapped the handle for a different bolt size that wasnt a shoulder bolt. In my PP70, there is a bolt like the one that you show above that didnt fit, and there is a steel tube around it as a roller to apply the force to the seal. So, a couple of options if it ever happens again...

Not going to leave y'all hanging! :)

Pelpro sent a replacement handle kit free of charge under warranty. Got it and installed it today.

The shoulder bolt is substantially thicker on the thread end.

Pelpro PP130B broken!

👍

I had same issue after soon after getting one around Thanksgiving. If still under warranty,they will send you one.(prob a whole new handle assembly) that's what they did for me, and when I got it they went to a bigger thread size,pro. Due to this issue. But in mean time, got a new shoulder bolt from Fastenal, 1/4x1in(should bolts are measured by the sleeve length

Last edited: