Pellet jams

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
None with my Harmon XXV (New Last year Floor Model). Eats anything and everything. Even decomposed pellets.
I've had a cumberland stove for years, but in the last couple of years pellets have gotten longer causing bridges and pellet jams!

I get long ones, short one, and dust. All goes thru and make Flame and Heat just fine. Stove don't care what it eats as long as it's pellets. I get them from North Idaho Energy Logs. Oh they make Energy Logs too. I like how they wrap them. Double Wrapped and no wet pellets. Event those the stove ate last year. Got some other brand pellets. Not double wrapped

Reactions: tlc1976
Ok, ill ask. What brand pellets r u using? How long are they?

Do you have a bunch of them? You may want to get some shorter ones. If you have tons, maybe blend them with some shorter ones. I got into the habbit of only buying 5 bags of a brand to try before committing to pallets of one kind. Kinda backfired on me tho. Bought 5 bags of green supreme from lowes. Nice medium length. Then got 3ton of gs from Home Depot delivered and they are really short and meter too fast! Discovered this when i unwrapped my first skid here at home.

I get long ones, short one, and dust. All goes thru and make Flame and Heat just fine. Stove don't care what it eats as long as it's pellets. I get them from North Idaho Energy Logs. Oh they make Energy Logs too. I like how they wrap them. Double Wrapped and no wet pellets. Event those the stove ate last year. Got some other brand pellets. Not double wrapped

Same here. Knock on wood never a pellet jam so far. If it gets a long pellet it snaps it, I hear it do that every couple hours or so. I did shear 2 auger pins but that was within the same month and like 3 years ago. It pushes fines through no problem, never have had to clean out the auger. I've burned about 14 tons so far I think. Original bushings. Never any binds or squeals or anything.

The gal I knew in 2012 had a King stove burning Kirtland pellets. The auger started binding and squealing during the first ton and she had to open it up and clean it out. I burned probably 5 ton of the Kirtlands in mine and never had that problem, but that was like 4 years later so the formulation could have changed.

Never any jams in 27+ years? I see some as long as 1-1/2 maybe, maybe longer …. but stove eats them.

Never any jams in 27+ years? I see some as long as 1-1/2 maybe, maybe longer …. but stove eats them.
X2 but I have been burning pellets for 19 years

Reactions: Ssyko