Old house new fire advice

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Also i understand false economy in buying cheap buy twice sort of way. As we are in the south and the fire gets used for maybe 2 months, is the chimney really worth the extra outlay? ( do not mean to sound penny pinching but well..........guestures at life )

DuraVent is the product name. The stove pipe you have is DVL stove pipe made by DuraVent. That's strictly for connecting the stove, it can not pass through a wall or ceiling.

Reactions: Usurper
ok gotcha, is this connection ok where the stove meets the pipe? i feel i had a collar come with my old fire, but its been 10 years so maybe i was wrong. i just do not recall the old one sitting like this, it does feel snug but i thought id check.

[Hearth.com] Old house new fire advice