Ok i gave in, In go the Barefoots

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.
oldmountvernon said:
J your gonna force me to buy a m55 just to try, knock it off!

Nope too small, Go big brother and you won't regret it. Maxx M for you and I promise you'll like it!

I'll tell you a story sometime of a MT V non AE and a Maxx.

smoke show said:
j-takeman said:
Took almost 12 years to get this right!

Give him a break, he's first year.

At least it's not a Big E. :cheese:

Would you! prolly not! :cheese:

Think he needs a second stove to assist like you got! While my beast heats and eats like 2 ;-)

Branson4720 said:
DexterDay said:
Branson4720 said:
DexterDay said:
smoke show said:
DexterDay" date="1329084532 said:
You guys and your Barefoots, Cubex, Okies, Turmans, Etc...... Spoiled! ;-P

Come to Ohio..... just sayin :lol:

Thought u were pickin up sum canadian softwoods today???

Now hurry up!

My Buddies Wife and Kid are Sick and I am still a little under the weather from yesterday. Add that into the small time window we had to do it. Plus its actually Winter here in Ohio. Has been snowing for 2 days straight. Might try during the week. If not, then next weekend. Its about an 1.5 hr drive. ;-P

Im definitely gonna hit them up. Finally got permission to buy some more pellets. With my room in the basement full and 1 Bay of my 3 car gargae taken up, Its hard to get Mama to agree that we need more (Want more/not Need). :lol:

No..............you NEED more! :lol: BTW....what are these Canadian softies on your hit list??

Northern Lights. I never tried them, but they are 60 bag skids and lets say they are Way less than $200 a ton, but more than $100 a ton.

Having never tried them... For that cost, even if I use them in the shoulder seasons, it would be worth it. Guy has 5 skids of them or 300 bags (6 ton)

Not much here on the Forums about them (couple hits on a search). Has anyone tried them?

OK Jay.....enlighten us on Northern Lights! ;-) Inquiring minds......

I searched 2 seasons ago for some and never found any. What I got out on the wire was very decent heat like the BC softies and just as clean. A bit dusty and slightly more fines than usual. But bouncing from there to here can't help them much. I'll corner some some day!

j-takeman said:
Branson4720 said:
DexterDay said:
Branson4720 said:
DexterDay said:
smoke show" date="1329087487 said:
DexterDay" date="1329084532 said:
You guys and your Barefoots, Cubex, Okies, Turmans, Etc...... Spoiled! ;-P

Come to Ohio..... just sayin :lol:

Thought u were pickin up sum canadian softwoods today???

Now hurry up!

My Buddies Wife and Kid are Sick and I am still a little under the weather from yesterday. Add that into the small time window we had to do it. Plus its actually Winter here in Ohio. Has been snowing for 2 days straight. Might try during the week. If not, then next weekend. Its about an 1.5 hr drive. ;-P

Im definitely gonna hit them up. Finally got permission to buy some more pellets. With my room in the basement full and 1 Bay of my 3 car gargae taken up, Its hard to get Mama to agree that we need more (Want more/not Need). :lol:

No..............you NEED more! :lol: BTW....what are these Canadian softies on your hit list??

My wood pellet memory bank seems to remember many years back someone out of East Deerfield,Mass. either trucking these things in or bringing in by rail and re-bagging...........?? Northern lights sounds So familiar ;-) I believe a BC fuel?

Northern Lights. I never tried them, but they are 60 bag skids and lets say they are Way less than $200 a ton, but more than $100 a ton.

Having never tried them... For that cost, even if I use them in the shoulder seasons, it would be worth it. Guy has 5 skids of them or 300 bags (6 ton)

Not much here on the Forums about them (couple hits on a search). Has anyone tried them?

OK Jay.....enlighten us on Northern Lights! ;-) Inquiring minds......

I searched 2 seasons ago for some and never found any. What I got out on the wire was very decent heat like the BC softies and just as clean. A bit dusty and slightly more fines than usual. But bouncing from there to here can't help them much. I'll corner some some day!

j-takeman said:
Think he needs a second stove to assist like you got!

My second stove does not assist whatsoever.

Primary stove heats floors 1 and 2, secondary stove heats basement with no assist on floor 1 or 2.

Now go wax your boat, spring is coming. :cheese:

smoke show said:
j-takeman said:
Think he needs a second stove to assist like you got!

My second stove does not assist whatsoever.

Primary stove heats floors 1 and 2, secondary stove heats basement with no assist on floor 1 or 2.

Now go wax your boat, spring is coming. :cheese:

Poking at youz guyz is much more fun! :cheese: hehe!

OMV don't let him fool you!

i sound like a broken record lol my only issue is the master bedroom over the garage we are use to low 60's already i had it 68 one night and it was to warm surprisingly. It is just during the cold snaps i guess i have issues with. I really dont think i can justify an upstairs stove although the thought keeps entering my head. I may even use less pellets with 2 stoves. If i troll around craigslist enough Who knows i might score a m55 to test out. I really was considering buying one for the hell of it today

oldmountvernon said:
i sound like a broken record lol my only issue is the master bedroom over the garage we are use to low 60's already i had it 68 one night and it was to warm surprisingly. It is just during the cold snaps i guess i have issues with. I really dont think i can justify an upstairs stove although the thought keeps entering my head. I may even use less pellets with 2 stoves. If i troll around craigslist enough Who knows i might score a m55 to test out. I really was considering buying one for the hell of it today

There is an Accentra 2 by me on CL for just over $1,000. Has the brown enamel finish. Comes with the Cast Hearth Pad and venting. . . . .

It has me biting my nails... Good deal.. Almost to good to pass. Especially if the guy would take $1,000.

2 stoves are the way to go. Have them set for different temps at different times. One for sleeping and one for evenings? Or 2 stoves on low will use the same or less as 1 Cranking. That 55 would look good in your place ;-P

oldmountvernon said:

Geez, When you jump in you go all out! Getting heat to travel upstairs is tough. I say maxx/maxx m becuase it has a massive blower and the mass of fuel it eats BTU's. The M55 won't be much if any better than the Mt Vernon. But a Maxx/Maxx M with dust em off the porch! Best way to fight the cold is gobs of BTU's. Draw back is the room your in will roast! Another way is a pellet furnace, Best way to heat the whole house evenly

You just need to sneak thru a few more weeks and look at ways to turn the air around to get some extra heat to the cool spot.

oldmountvernon said:
cleaned out the hopper and loaded the barefoots now lets see what all the hype is about :)
SO.....How did you like the Barefoots?? :)

Branson4720 said:
oldmountvernon said:
cleaned out the hopper and loaded the barefoots now lets see what all the hype is about :)

i thought i said... i loved them probably better then oakies but im not paying 300 a ton when i got these trebios for 150 :)

right now upstairs 71 hard to heat bedroom 67 im stylin :)

oldmountvernon said:
Branson4720 said:
oldmountvernon said:

i thought i said... i loved them probably better then oakies but im not paying 300 a ton when i got these trebios for 150 :)

right now upstairs 71 hard to heat bedroom 67 im stylin :)
Yes, I guess I missed that post :red: I'm definitely on board with saving coin!

Status
Not open for further replies.