New Yorker Initial Burn Barometric Regulator

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wood Pirate

Hearth Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Orange County, NY
Just fired up the New Yorker for the first time tonight. Seems to be working fine. I am going to take it slow until I get used to it.
One question. The barometric regulator I installed on the flue is at a +- 22 degree angle or more (open position) when the wood is burning. Is this normal?
The directions on the boiler say not to set it above .04 WC so that what I believe I did. Once the fire dies out the flapper closes.
Thanks

Hi neighbor (I'm in New Windsor),

I think you posted in the wrong forum.....you have a wood stove, right? This was listed in the pellet/corn forum.

keep warm

When you're burning, and the chimney is hot, the draft increases. That opens the damper, to maintain the proper draft and prevent the fire from running away. At least that's my understanding of how they work...

Measure twice, cut once... never hurts to check your work.

Status
Not open for further replies.