New to me Quadra-fire Isle royale

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

webby3650

Master of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Sep 2, 2008
Indiana
So I hauled this beauty off the other day. We went to install a fireplace insert and the home owner said there was an old stove in the barn. Wanted to know if we could haul it off for her. This was the big old stove...

Attachments

• New to me Quadra-fire Isle royale
    IMG_1796.JPG
    177.3 KB · Views: 213
Wow great score they were good preforming stoves and great looking to

Wow great score they were good preforming stoves and great looking to
It had a broken leg and some chips in the enamel, nothing bad though. The side shelf actually cover the bulk of the chips.

It had a broken leg and some chips in the enamel, nothing bad though. The side shelf actually cover the bulk of the chips.
Those side shelves seem to cause quite a few chips to. Id braze the leg back together and put it on the back corner unless you could find one.

Those side shelves seem to cause quite a few chips to. Id braze the leg back together and put it on the back corner unless you could find one.
It actually still bolted up just fine with the big brackets quad uses. It got tipped over when they moved it out. Broke the leg and chipped up the side. I have no idea why they didn't wait and let use move it with the escalera?

It actually still bolted up just fine with the big brackets quad uses. It got tipped over when they moved it out. Broke the leg and chipped up the side. I have no idea why they didn't wait and let use move it with the escalera?
yeah who knows we have people do that to even though we tell them we will not charge extra for pulling out the old one.

Very nice score. I hope it goes to a nice home that appreciates that beauty.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

That is a good looking wood stove.

Sure is. It's an easy breathing, radiant heat monster too. I came pretty close to getting one for our house.

The classy IR will definitely be a step up. You might have to change the curtains now.

The classy IR will definitely be a step up. You might have to change the curtains now.
My brother in law has the Ashford, same hearth it used. Still only 2 stoves here... Well, that are hooked up anyway!

Ah, that's just an old piece of junk. It would probably work fine for an old chicken coop or something....

Reactions: webby3650
Wait till you do the inevitable and ignore it at the wrong time and it jumps to 750F stove top. You will be stepping back and thinking to yourself "Impressive heat" (amongst other things...) ;lol:eek:

Wait till you do the inevitable and ignore it at the wrong time and it jumps to 750F stove top. You will be stepping back and thinking to yourself "Impressive heat" (amongst other things...) ;lol:eek:
750, is that all?

750, is that all?
No. Umm...have heard they can go higher. I have never done it, but have heard about it. That's my story and I am sticking to it.;em

Same color as mine. Wish I had those side shelves!

Sweet score, always love messing with those top loaders at the stove shop.
It's my first experience with a quad. I've had tons of hands on with top loading VC's, ruined me on the idea of a top load stove. This design is so much nicer!

I gotta be honest - I don't use the top load feature. I don't like the way the handle bangs against the vertical pipe.

It seems nice if you were just tossing a log in here and there throughout the day. For long burns it doesn't seem very worthwhile.

I find that I can do a much better job of loading through the front doors. Suggestion - drop the right hand andiron down and keep the left hand up. One is typically more than enough to keep the load stable. Dropping the one on the right makes it far easier to load.

Reactions: webby3650
Status
Not open for further replies.