New to me Quadra-fire Isle royale

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you put a grill on it? Getting conflicting info from previous posts.
I may not be reading into this question correctly, so I will hit both topics that came to mind. The top lid (for top loading) is already a griddle top. I am not aware of an official "grill" type drop in.

The part I am probably reading incorrectly: There is an available screen for the two front doors. I purchased one with my stove and promptly returned it without use.

Thinking a grill like the Harman stoves have.

New to me Quadra-fire Isle royale

I've always been curious about top load stoves. Don't you get a blast of smoke and severe heat when you open it?

On the quad you throw a bypass lever that changes the airflow internally. This eliminates and smoke/heat issue you would see without it.

I agree. I use the top loader only to add some to an existing fire. As Jags said Move those andirons around makes it a lot easier to load. I have run this stove for two years now after a Jotul fielight catalyst. I absolutely love it!! I'm sure you will too. Though I am jealous as to how you got it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.