New Quadra Fire Voyageur

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

K911Blue

Aug 1, 2019
Long Island, New York
New to the Forum, some great stuff thus far.

I bought a home last year with an old Federal Airtight stove, tried it out for the first time last winter and it was not fun. Replaced all the seals, learned the controls but it sucked!

Now I am buying a brand new insert for the fireplace. The Airtight sat just in front. I have been to the local stove store and done a bunch of research. Looking at getting the Qudra Fire Voyageur. It was between that and the jotul 450 insert. Not sure if you all have any suggestions, however, we did like the fact the Voyageur will sit flush in the current fireplace, the Jotul sits out a bit, but not a big deal. It will be a brand new stove and big investment. I just wanted some quick advise. 1700 square foot ranch, 9 foot ceilings, all one floor, current baseboard oil heating, good Anderson windows!

Both are good inserts. As a general rule of thumb, inserts that project out a bit more onto the hearth tend to heat a better with the blower off. That is important to some folks, especially those that endure extended power outages.