New Blaze King Ashford 20 in the house...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

WES999

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Jan 12, 2008
Mass north of Boston
This Saturday I picked up a new Blaze King Ashford 20 stove.
I wasn't really looking for a new stove, then one day I saw Massachusetts was offering a $1,250 rebate for replacing an old non-approved EPA stove. I stopped by a local Blaze King dealer and got a quote for a Blaze King Scirocco 20 basic model stove, the stove plus installation tax and shipping came to about $3,300, not much of a deal.
I happened to see an ad on Craigslist from another Blaze King dealer that had some floor models on sale . They had the Ashford 20 for a price that was too good to pass up, so I grabbed it.
For a smaller stove it's quite heavy, it weighs 450 pounds. I removed everything I could to make it easier to move into the house, I remove the ash pan, fire bricks, fans and all the cast iron outside, backed the truck right up to the door and wheeled it right up the ramps inside with no problem.
Placed it on the Hearth pad and put everything all back together. All that's left is to hook up the flue.
With the warm weather now probably have to wait till next year to try it out. I ordered the adjustable DVL pipe and the adapter from Amazon.
New Blaze King Ashford 20 in the house...New Blaze King Ashford 20 in the house...New Blaze King Ashford 20 in the house...

Nice.

Nice, good to see another fellow masshole on board.

Should be interesting to hear your opinion after getting it up and rolling. Believe you will be smiling.

PLEASE let us know how you like it. We're considering the same model, thanks to the obvious love for BK in this forum.

You'll love it my scirocco has been running again. Even if its hitting 19C during the day its dipping to 1C at night so its nice to have it on at night and dialing it back to low when it warms outside towards 1pm then turning it back up before bed without cooking us out if the house.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Awesome. Looks good already.

I strongly suggest doing the break in burns during weather warm enough to have the windows open. Took two for me, three for the wife to not smell curing paint anymore.