New 1000 HP corvette too powerful for the frame.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Other than maybe C5, people have said that about every generation of Corvette, yet we later look back on those same models nostalgically. Heck, I’d bet folks complained about C2, when it was released.

Others complain about every new iPhone, until they have to go back and use an old one several years after adjusting to the new. The C7 and C8 will likely grow on you, with time, people just dislike change.

IMO, the worst era for Corvette was C4. I always liked the C3’s best, which everyone else was trash-talking until just the last few years. For some reason, the C2’s always get the most love, but I would rather own a C3 Stingray with a roots-blown smallblock. If not turn down a C6, either.
Eh, it's just garish. Teenage me thought the C6ZR1 was God's gift to man. Now the only C6 I think looks nice is the 427 Convertible, and those aren't very pretty either. The C4 wasn't a blockbuster, but it doesn't look bad either. It's just a generic looking sports car to me now. I do agree, the C3, especially chrome bumper years (with a 427 BB), look fabulous and aged very well. Really I just have beef with the C6+, the modern age just killed the look. The cab forward C8 just looks wrong. Like a Ferrari 458 and Lamborghini Aventador had a strange unwanted child.

Reactions: Ashful