Neep help adding a thermostat to the Clayton furnce.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here

Woodenator

Jul 9, 2024
Pa
Hey fellas this year I want to wire the Clayton on its own thermostat. Now I run my furnace with everything done manually. Usually when the furnace has reached operating temperature I plug both big fans on the unit in. Then I plug in my 2 inline duct fans in, without them it simply doesn't put out enough flow and my ducts get really hot. All the fans run constantly until i unplug them when the fire goes out or the house starts to overheat, which is often. Anyway, I was told last year to wire in a snap switch between the power coming in and the motors, everything connected to a thermostat. That way, when the house reaches a certain temperature, it will kick off the big fans and will leave the 2 inline duct fans still running. I am just looking for a way to make this thing less of a pain that doesn't require buying a new furnace. It's late and I can't sleep so I hope this all made sense.