Clayton 1600 Firing Issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
It just isn't cold enough yet to get reliable draft...like I said before, a chimney works off of temperature differential to make draft, and draft is the engine that powers the stove (furnace) so results obtained now may not apply when heating season starts. Heck we still have our windows open some every day and it's still about 72 in the house!

Reactions: hobbyheater
It just isn't cold enough yet to get reliable draft...like I said before, a chimney works off of temperature differential to make draft, and draft is the engine that powers the stove (furnace) so results obtained now may not apply when heating season starts. Heck we still have our windows open some every day and it's still about 72 in the house!
Understood. The day I ran mine it was 55 outside. Wife had a cold and was sick, she was wrapped up like an Eskimo saying she was cold. So I did what any gentleman would have done, I got it to 80 in here. Then she said she was nice and comfy meanwhile I was too hot.