Need some Blaze King Princess Dimensions(freestanding)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rdust

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Feb 9, 2009
Michigan
I'm looking for the measurements from the center of the flue collar to the front of the stove, back of the stove and sides of the stove. I looked around and couldn't find them so figured I'd make a thread on it. I'm trying to figure out clearances and want a better picture of what my piping layout will need to be if I ever switch to this stove.

Also if anyone with a freestanding or insert can give me some dimensions of the firebox I'd appreciate it!(pictures would be awesome!) I wanted to look at one today but my closest dealer didn't have any on the floor right now.

Thanks!

Go to the Blaze King web site. Everything you are looking for will be there!

Cheers.

I downloaded the manual and couldn't find those measurements, just the clearance measurements. I'm looking for where the flue exit is in relation to the stove top.

I only found these here. I should be able to use the B and D measurements to figure it out for front to back but they show a difference on the wall exit. I think this is because they're using the standard 18" to a wall for the single wall pipe but I'd like to confirm that.

Attachments

• Need some Blaze King Princess Dimensions(freestanding)
    untitled.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 504
I had a hard time with it too. You also need to consider that there is a huge bump out on the rear of the stove for the stat assembly that may or may not be considered with the manufacturer's "stove dimension" and may or not be the point on the rear of the stove to measure the rear clearance. The flue is decidedly more centered on the stove than most. Good luck.

Nof60 was very helpful since he is in the dark for more than 16 hours of the day and likely staring at his princess a lot.

Bueller......Bueller.....

D - B in that chart is the distance between the back of the collar and the back of the blower assy on my King Ultra. The blower assy on the Ultra extends about an inch behind what I assume is the tstat assy on the back of the firebox. Not sure if the Princess and/or Parlor/classic assemblies are the same.

Not sure what you are trying to figure out but here is a side view if it helps.

Attachments

• Need some Blaze King Princess Dimensions(freestanding)
    BK Ultra side view.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 366
rdust said:
I'm looking for the measurements from the center of the flue collar to the front of the stove, back of the stove and sides of the stove. I looked around and couldn't find them so figured I'd make a thread on it. I'm trying to figure out clearances and want a better picture of what my piping layout will need to be if I ever switch to this stove.

Also if anyone with a freestanding or insert can give me some dimensions of the firebox I'd appreciate it!(pictures would be awesome!) I wanted to look at one today but my closest dealer didn't have any on the floor right now.

Thanks!

The center to back is a bit over 11"(including blowers) from side to side it is centered. On the front measurement what sort of front line do you want? The edge of the top plate, the edge of the loading plate under the door or the front foot?

Jason

SolarAndWood said:
Not sure what you are trying to figure out but here is a side view if it helps.

Just trying to figure out if I connect the stove to my current 6" stove pipe where the stove will fall in the room. The rear wall is a non-combustible wall so the distance between the stove and wall isn't important. Of course when it comes to servicing blowers and such it'll suck but I'll deal with it when I need to. If it comes out too far I'll need to extend my hearth pad in some fashion which I'd love to avoid.

jtb51b said:
The center to back is a bit over 11"(including blowers) from side to side it is centered. On the front measurement what sort of front line do you want? The edge of the top plate, the edge of the loading plate under the door or the front foot?

Jason

Awesome, exactly what I'm looking for! I was figuring it was 10ish so that's about what I figured. For the front to the edge of the top plate should be fine or whatever edge sticks out the most. I'd imagine any of them will be fine for what I'm looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.