need a second stove or insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.
webby3650 said:
raybonz said:
webby3650 said:
If you want 12 hour burns, the B king is your only hope. My insert might be good for 8, and it's a pretty big stove. Pellets, really? Have you burned pellets before? I bet your gas unit is cheaper to operate, especially if you don't service it yourself.

I disagree there are many stoves that will give you a 12 hour burn time.. The NC-30 and T-6 come to mind and there are others from Woodstock etc. that will give you 12 hrs.. My T-5 will go 10 hrs. easily..

Ray
I completly agree with you, but we are talking about inserts here.

Sorry I missed that part.. Burning pine 12 hrs. seems rather long for any stove if you expect to get any heat from the insert or stove..

Ray

raybonz said:
webby3650 said:
raybonz said:
webby3650 said:
If you want 12 hour burns, the B king is your only hope. My insert might be good for 8, and it's a pretty big stove. Pellets, really? Have you burned pellets before? I bet your gas unit is cheaper to operate, especially if you don't service it yourself.

I disagree there are many stoves that will give you a 12 hour burn time.. The NC-30 and T-6 come to mind and there are others from Woodstock etc. that will give you 12 hrs.. My T-5 will go 10 hrs. easily..

Ray
I completly agree with you, but we are talking about inserts here.

Sorry I missed that part.. Burning pine 12 hrs. seems rather long for any stove if you expect to get any heat from the insert or stove..

Ray

I am actualy burning more fir than pine now that I am cutting my own, I just got a load of pine to start me off.

Steve

I'm burning Silver Maple right now in the King, I can't tell a differnence between it and Oak! I still get 24 hours out of a load.

webby3650 said:
I'm burning Silver Maple right now in the King, I can't tell a differnence between it and Oak! I still get 24 hours out of a load.

No matter what stove you run there is no way a load of silver maple will give the same btu's as a load of oak..

Ray

Well, I reload every 24 hours or so with Silver Maple and every 24 hours or so with Oak. My house is just as warm.

Status
Not open for further replies.