NC-30 Back to $1199 at Home Depot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of the economy, prices tend to be higher starting next month through December. And delivery times are often longer. Now is the time to get the stove.

8510c4 said:
nc30 $500
(broken link removed to http://southjersey.craigslist.org/gms/2516183427.html)
The problem with the one from RI on Ebay was it was $400 but would have cost me $350 in gas to drive there in my truck. south jersey is closer but still a couple hundred. Big HD 2500 Ext cab 12MPG Hwy.

BeGreen said:
Regardless of the economy, prices tend to be higher starting next month through December. And delivery times are often longer. Now is the time to get the stove.

BG
I think there will be more bargains out there in the near future,Craigs list,Ebay ect I just bought a nice Alaska stoker stove for $300 price new $3000-$4000. I only had to move it 1 city block.
That said if i could find a NC-30 Used for anything under 5 Bills close by, i would jump on it. Its for my wood shop that i dont spend a lot of time in now but will in the future(hopefully) The odds are in my favor to find a bargain in this economy.

Did the craigslisted 30NC in Mechanicsburg already sell? Also looks like there was one in Oldtown, MD.

BeGreen said:
Did the craigslisted 30NC in Mechanicsburg already sell? Also looks like there was one in Oldtown, MD.

Anything more local to Central PA id be interested in. Out of state not so much.

Terrible wood stoves. They should all be sent to the FedEx Freight terminal in Manassas, VA care of BrotherBart for proper disposal.

You have been warned!

BrotherBart said:
Terrible wood stoves. They should all be sent to the FedEx Freight terminal in Manassas, VA care of BrotherBart for proper disposal.

You have been warned!

I would make a trip down to Va, to help you "Dispose" of these Terrible Stoves! Be sure to Ship both Pedestal and Legs, to ensure Full and Proper Removal...

THe pricing keeps getting crazier,30 is now $899 THe 13 $699 and the much cheaper 12 which is NOT EPA and supposed to be a cheaper version of the 13 is $949 A full $250 More than the 13 and $50 more than the 30. Who sets these crazy prices?

Question: Is the Pleasant Hearth I saw at Lowes the same as the 30? Looks about the same but I think the door opens oposite although I may be wrong on that.

I was looking at them as HD and Lowes in State College, PA the other day while visiting my sisters fam for Christmas and they were both under $1000 and priced the same as the stores are across the street from each other(ain't competition great)

I would imagine you could ask for a better price and take it across the street to see who would give you the best deal??

I am planning on upgrading to the 30 or a Heatilator Eco 22 this spring based on price and move my old School VC Defiant to the shop. Seems like the best bang for the buck out there for heat, safety and quality.

BobUrban said:
Question: Is the Pleasant Hearth I saw at Lowes the same as the 30? Looks about the same but I think the door opens oposite although I may be wrong on that.

I was looking at them as HD and Lowes in State College, PA the other day while visiting my sisters fam for Christmas and they were both under $1000 and priced the same as the stores are across the street from each other(ain't competition great)

I would imagine you could ask for a better price and take it across the street to see who would give you the best deal??

I am planning on upgrading to the 30 or a Heatilator Eco 22 this spring based on price and move my old School VC Defiant to the shop. Seems like the best bang for the buck out there for heat, safety and quality.

(broken link removed to http://www.ghpgroupinc.com/fireplace/products/wood-stove-large-legs/detail.asp)

http://www.englanderstoves.com/

Nope 2 different companies and from the info I have gleaned here I'd say the 30-NC would be the stove of choice with those who own them here..

Ray

Thanks RB - I will kep my seach and research to the Heatilator and Englander - both seem to be great stoves and can be had for a great price if one is diligent and quick to snatch it up when found.

BobUrban said:
Thanks RB - I will kep my seach and research to the Heatilator and Englander - both seem to be great stoves and can be had for a great price if one is diligent and quick to snatch it up when found.

Bob even at full price the Englander is a good value.. Seems the 30-NC has the best reputation of the Englander stoves and Lowes carries the Summers Heat version which is the same stove with a different name..

Ray

raybonz said:
BobUrban said:

Bob even at full price the Englander is a good value.. Seems the 30-NC has the best reputation of the Englander stoves and Lowes carries the Summers Heat version which is the same stove with a different name..

Ray

That might be what it comes down too... My summit is still a work in progress for me ... I do different things and get different results.... I mean its kinda fun! ... Small splits, med splits, some not perfect splits to stop her from going nuclear! ... I am seeing much higher constant temps and that is due to burning better wood... I also bring it in the house for a couple of days so any moisture is gone...
My summit isn't hot at 750 its blowing warm air but I have a somewhat open floor plan and trying to heat about 2500 sq ft in a split level house ...
I do believe cats are better for shoulder season and its a toss up when the bottom drops out ...
My stove level is 78 right now my bedrooms are about 72-74 this morning the bedrooms were 71-72 at 20 degrees and wind
My bedrooms are up a level and about 60-65 ft from the stove ..
I would like to try a king for my basement ....
I would really like to see that thing go ... But my summit is doing its job for now...
I think a king woulda helped me more than the summit on the longs days I can have... I can be gone 10-12 hrs and on cold days the summit shouldn't go 12hr without a reload.... But I will find out this year with much better wood if it can this year

BobUrban said:

One glaring difference is that the Pleasant Hearth is quite a bit lighter at 350LBs than the Englander at around 500LBs THats a lot of meat cooking at 700 Degrees Stovetop Temp.
Also THe englander can be had for as low as $599 From Feb thru spring so be patient, i bought 2 last year one in Feb and one in Sept both around $650 each.

iceman said:
raybonz said:
BobUrban said:

Ray

That might be what it comes down too... My summit is still a work in progress for me ... I do different things and get different results.... I mean its kinda fun! ... Small splits, med splits, some not perfect splits to stop her from going nuclear! ... I am seeing much higher constant temps and that is due to burning better wood... I also bring it in the house for a couple of days so any moisture is gone...
My summit isn't hot at 750 its blowing warm air but I have a somewhat open floor plan and trying to heat about 2500 sq ft in a split level house ...
I do believe cats are better for shoulder season and its a toss up when the bottom drops out ...
My stove level is 78 right now my bedrooms are about 72-74 this morning the bedrooms were 71-72 at 20 degrees and wind
My bedrooms are up a level and about 60-65 ft from the stove ..
I would like to try a king for my basement ....
I would really like to see that thing go ... But my summit is doing its job for now...
I think a king woulda helped me more than the summit on the longs days I can have... I can be gone 10-12 hrs and on cold days the summit shouldn't go 12hr without a reload.... But I will find out this year with much better wood if it can this year

If my T-5 is any indication I think the Summit could go close to 12 hrs. as the T-5 does 10 pretty easy.. I do burn lots of dry red oak, locust, ash, maple overnight and 10 hrs. later the stove relights from the coals in minutes with no kindling.. I still can't believe that the T-5 can go so long on a load of wood! Last night it hit the low 20's here with strong wind all night and when I came downstairs it was 76 degrees and upstairs it was 73 nine hours later.. I didn't add wood for another hour and it was off again in under a minute with no kindling.. I will mention my house is 1600+ sq. ft. and this stove is rated up to 2000 sq. ft. so you may need a little more output from your Summit depending on your insulation etc.. I agree a cat stove is best during milder weather (I ran a Large CDW cat stove for decades before the T-5) as the T-5 can cook me out pretty easily..

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.