NC-13 Door Seal

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It feels like the flap is rocking inside the air chamber when I push down on the spring handle. Maybe the flap is not laying flat when it's at the static position. IDK. I seem to recall that the flap is wedge shaped with turned up edges and welded at the corners to form an open top. I was looking up in there with a mirror when I was setting it up because they left about a tablespoon full up blast beads in the air charmers.

One other thing... The air inlet control was very stiff when I first set up the heater. I had to open it all the way and bend the rod over about 10 degrees before it would move without binding. So it slides easily now but I can push the spring handle down (towards the floor without sliding the damper) and it lets a lot of air in the stove. Enough to cause more flame. Is this normal?

The spring handle (I'm assuming you mean the spring handle for the air control, here) should slide in & out.... not move up & down. And by sliding in & out, I mean it should freely glide with no resistance.

Reactions: Woody Stover
The spring handle (I'm assuming you mean the spring handle for the air control, here) should slide in & out.... not move up & down. And by sliding in & out, I mean it should freely glide with no resistance.

It slides easily now that I bent it sideways (with the approval of ESW) but when it is pushed down, more air comes in. Just makes me wonder if the flap is actually laying flat in the chamber.

It slides easily now that I bent it sideways (with the approval of ESW) but when it is pushed down, more air comes in. Just makes me wonder if the flap is actually laying flat in the chamber.

Mine, does not go down.

It's in & out.

My air control rod has 1/2" up and down play throughout range of travel. When it's down, more air comes in the stove.

My air control rod has 1/2" up and down play throughout range of travel. When it's down, more air comes in the stove.
Might see if there's a pivot screw getting loose.

screw getting loose.

That happens to the the best of us :)

If there's a screw, it can't see / access it. I think the rod is welded to the flap, laid in the chamber, then welded to the bottom of the heater.

I can push down on the air control on my 30-NC, the 13's big sister, and it move a half inch or so too. The air slide on the other end runs in a channel and just lays flat over the inlet.

I can push down on the air control on my 30-NC, the 13's big sister, and it move a half inch or so too. The air slide on the other end runs in a channel and just lays flat over the inlet.

OK... ya made me go check..... slight downward movement if I work at it.

Damn you, BB :p

Reactions: BrotherBart
Status
Not open for further replies.