Mistake !

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Well,scooter,the higher the probe is,the sooner the temp is cut back in the stove,generally leaving the room cold.Seems you do not understand the Harman programming,and it has been out there probably longer than you have been alive.Many hundreds of thousands them functioning just fine.

Not how it works, Chuckles. Read the link I sent to understand my recommendation for diagnostics.

About your question - I have installed countless pellet stoves and furnaces as a volunteer for HoH countless times. I personally do all pellet stove repairs for myself and neighbors.

Been runnin the same 52i since 04 on maintenance. Hmm. your argument so weak!

Get a room boys. This is not helping anyone.

Mistake !

Reactions: minux
That P68 should blast heat. My P38+ does.

Then, why would you mess with your temperature probe?
Me thinks the q&a here is getting mixed up.. havent touched or moved my probe for yrs to answer you IF that was directed to me... i think some are telling me what has worked for me for 7 yrs doesnt work pertaining to my probe placement.

Last edited:
1500sq ft, 3/4bag to a bag all winter long. Well, enough about a useless debate...I think the OP needs to mess around with his settings as that stove is more than enough to heat the space he lives in.

Me thinks the q&a here is getting mixed up.. havent touched or moved my probe for yrs to answer you IF that was directed to me... i think some are telling me what has worked for me for 7 yrs doesnt work pertaining to my probe placement.

My guidance to the OP is specifically to resolve and eliminate stove-related-functions.

HOWEVER, your probe being pinned to your stove in ROOM A would not work to make your, hypothetical-not-an-issue, ROOM B a desired temperature. 70 in ROOM A WILL NOT yield 70 in ROOM B. THIS IS NOT HOW THERMODYNAMICS works! IF YOU NEED ROOM B TO BE A TEMP, YOU NEED THE PROBE THERE, MOVE THE PROBE AWAY FROM YOUR STOVE, OR CRANK YOUR STOVE IN ROOM A.

Last edited:
1500sq ft, 3/4bag to a bag all winter long. Well, enough about a useless debate...I think the OP needs to mess around with his settings as that stove is more than enough to heat the space he lives in.
Now that i agree 100%

Reactions: Washed-Up

My point with steps for the OP to follow to address and disagnos the OP's issue.