Mini split in

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here

marty319

Minister of Fire
Nov 17, 2014
Belair mb
Well just got the mini split going.pretty happy with the heating function and it's going to be mostly backup to the osburn and mostly shoulder season usage .the air conditioner works well too.did the installation with my neighbor and we did his and another neighbor as well.got a hvac technician to do the line work.just have to install line set covers.

Attachments

• [Hearth.com] Mini split in
    20241017_181731.webp
    152.7 KB · Views: 8
  • [Hearth.com] Mini split in
    20241017_181816.webp
    278.4 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: stoveliker
Congrats! Is there a large overhang above to stop snow accumulation from blocking ?

There is not.apparently this unit has a basepan heater that helps melt snow and ice accumulation .something to keep an eye on .

In heavy snow it'll need a shed roof of some sort or dilligent shoveling.

Or is this a gable end...

Mine too..
One still has to check for snow, because a pan heater will keep the innards clear(er), but my gable end does have a tendency to collect snow drifts.
I think with NorEasters the snow blows in from the north over the roof and finds a "dead zone" on my south gable end where the mini split is, falls down and creates mountains. (That's my theory for the observation of drifts there.)
Those can block airflow to a degree that the heat pump doesn't like it.

So keep an eye on it.

Trending content